hitachi ht-561

Northsound

I am having a hard time finding information on this table. There is one up for sale local to me. The guy is asking CAN $500 for it he also has a hitachi HA-610 well for $300. My question is whether or not it's worth it? I am sure i could talk him down a little but what do they go for? Both are in quite nice condition and have been tested and cleaned. Thanks for the input.

I am having a hard time finding information on this table. There is one up for sale local to me. The guy is asking CAN $500 for it he also has a hitachi HA-610 well for $300. My question is whether or not it's worth it? I am sure i could talk him down a little but what do they go for? Both are in quite nice condition and have been tested and cleaned. Thanks for the input.

Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

Top of the line turn table from Hitachi.

Hitachi HT-561
http://www.audio-heritage.jp/LO-D/player/ht-561.html

You decide whether it is worth it or not after you have a look and listen to its performance. :idea:

Those old Hibachis are nice decks. I have an HT-860 that's in queue for surgery. These do have unobtanium controller chips inside, but if it's currently working I'd buy it. But a caveat: I'd seriously consider re-capping it before using it against the risk of cooking one of those chips.

I have a HT-561 and the Project/One version of this deck. I really like these tables but at almost 400.00 USD I would want it to be in perfect shape at that price. The chips in the HT-561 are replaceable. I think I have found replacements for all of them. Some transistors go bad and cause the table to run fast speeds. There is a belt for the tonearm that moves the arm back and forth I would replace that if you take it apart. Make sure you clean the push buttons. Here is a pic of the under side. You can see the motor and belt in the lower right. Feel free to ask me any questions. I have a service manual. Can scan if needed.
s-l1600.jpg

As you can see in th above pic the plinth is not very thick and if you knock on it it will resonate a little. It is a really good sounding table and it has VTA which I appreciate. Make sure you match up a cart for this tonearm.

I would be comfortable at 300.00 USD for a really nice shape.

Hey I really appreciate the help! Sorry for the delayed response, life got busy. I didn't pick up the table instead I got some mint pioneer gear to complete my pioneer setup. But he said he wasn't posting it for sale and If I want it, it will be waiting for me. Along with the 610. He said he could do $700 CAN. For both and they are in mint condition aside from some light scratches on the dust cover I think I could buff out. The cartridge was bad so he said he would get a brand new one in that was a good match $100 value. So I'll probably pick them up in a Little while when it's all good to go. Thanks for all the great help and offers! I will definitely keep you in contact as needed. I guess this hitachi stuff is rare, I don't see it around much. Thanks again!

Those were very nice tables. I had the ht 500 and it played better than the denon tables for the same time frame.band much quieter .

Those were very nice tables. I had the ht 500 and it played better than the denon tables for the same time frame.band much quieter .
Yeah I can't wait to hear it with the right cartridge! And to put it in my living room because it is gorgeous!

As far as looks go I think the HT-550 in woodgrain is the best looking. So far I believe the HT-860 is the best sounding and its the most used table I have. The only issue is the arm is a little heavy. The HT-500 is really nice for those high compliance carts,

As far as looks go I think the HT-550 in woodgrain is the best looking. So far I believe the HT-860 is the best sounding and its the most used table I have. The only issue is the arm is a little heavy. The HT-500 is really nice for those high compliance carts,
The ht-561 I looked at had woodgrain here is s picture

Attachments

• Htt.jpg
    Htt.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 101
Very similar to the HT-500,except the 500 had the straight arm. Those platters though are so dead when tapping them,almost like lead. No ringing or pinging at all.

The only reason I got rid of mine was no VTA adjustment without changing the mat, and same issue with some cartridges. It sounded nicer to me than my Dual Tables I had. The other thing that scared me was the electronics and the lack of parts for them. Figured I'd get rid of it before it became a headache.

Wished I'd kept it afterwards, but that's what we all do.

My initial rebuild of the HT-860, sporting a good moving coil cartridge, convinced my diehard VPI belt-drive buddy he was barking up the wrong tree. He now runs a Technics SP-10 Mk3 in a massive custom plinth and a very expensive arm sporting a van den Hul Frog MC. (He's always been a 'one up' kind of guy...)

While interchangeable the HT-561 and the HT-500 have different platters the 500 does have some deadening to it while the 561 platter will ring but gets pretty quiet with the platter mat. My 500 will probably house my MMC20CL when I am done re veneering it .

Hi im new here and very sorry for my poor English.
I obtain this nice ht561 but my problem is the tonearm auto return was disabled. i alwys forget to turn off the deck. So im very thankfull if anyone here can tell how to make the tonearm autoreturn working again

thanks
Becks North Borneo

If you move the tonearm closer to the spindle does the start working?

Will it move the tonearm to the start of the record when you press "start"?

I have a HT-561 and the Project/One version of this deck. I really like these tables but at almost 400.00 USD I would want it to be in perfect shape at that price. The chips in the HT-561 are replaceable. I think I have found replacements for all of them. Some transistors go bad and cause the table to run fast speeds. There is a belt for the tonearm that moves the arm back and forth I would replace that if you take it apart. Make sure you clean the push buttons. Here is a pic of the under side. You can see the motor and belt in the lower right. Feel free to ask me any questions. I have a service manual. Can scan if needed.
View attachment 858367

Any chance I could get a copy of that service manual from You?

Matt

Hi Matt,

Sure I will take it in this week and get a hi res pdf copy made then pm it to you and up load on VE.
Hello again Matt.

Any update on the availability of the service manual? Do you know was size belt the arm uses - I will being in hopefully in late September at the earliest and the belt is definitely will need to be changed? I know there are not but a few sizes; however, I expect the old belt to be typically stretched. If the lengths are close on the replacements, would to know the specific length needed to avoid "best guessing" based ont he old.

Back
Top Bottom