Hitachi ir remote control system from c. 1980

Wow, I think D-W700 in this configuration is extra extra rare model of Hitachi deck. If I am in USA I would probably buy it :tears: Anyway, thanks for diagrams..
Today I will finally take a photo of my 3500 beauty..

Zd 1358,

Did you say you have an extra D-85s deck? That would be nice as an auxillary tape deck for the system.

Zd 1358

Out of curosity, which wiring diagram was appropriate for your area? Are you similar to UK, Sweden, or W. Germany?

Yes, I have an extra D-85, with two lamps not working but otherwise in excellent working condition. A few months ago, it was winner in the comparison with Aiwa ad 910 from 1992., just like that, and then realized how the stuffs from Hitachi can be good. The source was Marantz pm 64 mk2. I think the second diagram is appropriate for Croatia because there are four terminals on the back side of the remote center. Btw. all conectors in my sistem are original ones.

Zd 1358

I get good results from my D-E37. I use it for everyday tape use. However, when I need perfection, I use my Hitachi D-900. It is awesome in it's sound quality. Primarily use it for recording. I am not surprised the older Hitachi was the winner from your comparison. I just don't think the sound quality is as good with the products from the 1990's. (of course, this is a personal thing) btw, the Hitachi D-900 has a unique wired remote that was an optional accessory. I recently participated in a couple of threads about that topic.

BTW, I decided to buy the Hitachi D-W700. I didn't know they made a dual cassette deck for the remote system (first one I have seen). This got my curosity going and I want to try it on the system to see how it works. Will let you know more when I receive it.

Are you familiar with hifiengine.com? The manual for the amp is available for download, for free, on that site. I plan to add other manuals to the site in the near future. I have to learn how to use my older scanner better than what I do now.

Last edited:
Good decision about buying W700 toronado! I'm very curious about it's sounding quality. I allready downloaded manuals for HA 4700 but thanks anyway...
Finally, my beauties...:music:

Attachments

• PC270046.jpg
    PC270046.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 27
  • PC270047.jpg
    PC270047.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 23
Great pictures Zd 1358. I really like the cabinet you got with the system. Mine doesn't have the "Hitachi" logo on the front. I think it gives it a nice touch. Do you know the model number of the cabinet? Also, I like the looks of the D-85s cassette deck. I have not seen any for sale in the USA. Although, I have seen it available on several Canadian systems for sale. It looks like a mini version of the D-900 from the shape of the cassette door area. If one doesn't become available in the US, I may order one from Canada. They use the same electrical connectors and voltage we use in the US.

Do you plan to add other units from the systematics line?

Happy listening.

In this position it is impossible to see the model number of the cabinet and for some time I can't move it. As I said before my system is number 8 in brochure upload by Hitachi.pl. There are few scrapes on the cabinet, but in generally it is in good condition. Yes, D-85 looks just find, although it's only two head piece. Have not planned to buy other Hiju units but you know, who knows.. The good opportunity makes the tief. :D

Zd 1358

Thank you for posting on this thread. My goal was to have a place for information about these fine systems. I had great difficulty finding any information about them when I started. In fact, there were people asking questions about them on the web, that were going unanswered. Your posts have added to the knowledge we have of the systems and look like a great actual example of System 8, as seen in the brochure posted by Hitachi.pl.

I have not received the D-W700 yet. Can't wait to try it on the system. Will be interesting to see how a dual cassette works on the remote system.

Remaining 8 pages of RM-1000 Brochure

Here are the remaining 4 pages of the RM-1000 brochure. The first 4 pages are the wiring diagrams I posted recently.

Attachments

• scan0030.jpg
    scan0030.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 18
  • scan0022.jpg
    scan0022.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 22
  • scan0025.jpg
    scan0025.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 20
  • scan0024.jpg
    scan0024.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 14
Finally got to test the Hitachi cassette deck, D-W700. What an awesome unit. Works and sounds great! I forgot to ask the service tech if it is two or three head. Maybe one of the Audiokarma members knows. It sounds as good as my D-900, which is a 3 head unit. Can highly recommend the unit. Also, I like the "concert sound" feature, where the second tape starts immediately after the first ends. Great deck.

Still having fun with my systems. The D-W700 was an excellent addition to the system. Sounds great and works well. Just needed new belts. I think I will add another HA-4700 to my collection when one comes available on Ebay for a decent price. I have a second "systematic 3500" system that has the HA-3700 amp instead of the HA-4700. The 4700 is a 50 watt amp, whereas the 3700 is a 35 watt. Also, may add another cassette deck or two while I am at it. I enjoy trying different models that are compatible with the system.

If anyone stumbles onto this site with a similar system, please write. I sure enjoy additions by other members. I learn a lot too.

I got two new (to me) units for my stereo systems. First, the HA-M44 Amplifier for the one-touch system. It is "second generation" componet from 1982. The first system came on the market 1980-81. This amp matches my FT-M44 tuner, also a second generation unit. I have several of the first generation systems.

Also got a D-85s cassette deck. I had not seen one of these available in the United States before. This cassette deck will fit either system (systematics 3500" and the one-touch) and was originally released with the Infrared system from 1981. Have seen them on a number of systems from Canada and Europe. However, I finally found one in Milwaukee, Wis. I think it was originally retailed here, as the units I have seen from Canada have French instructions on the back. This one only has English writing on the back.

I have not tried either unit yet. Will have my service tech check them before hooking them up to my systems. Will update later. It is always fun to add new componets.

Toronado, do you have D-85 service manual? I do have owners manual, but need service one to see some parts for cassette holder...

Zd 1358, I have the D-85s service manual, but it is at my service tech's shop. The D-85s cassette player needed new belts, idler, etc. If you can wait a week or so, I will be going over there to pick it up and can post the section you need at that time.

Back
Top Bottom