HK Citation 16 and 17

MitsuMan

Haven't seen them yet, but I got a tip that a local pawn shop just got in a Citation 16 power amp and Citation 17 Preamp. Anyone have info on this and how much it might be worth?

Thanks!

Craig

Sure thing, just email me your credit card numbers and I'll get right on that. :lmao: :lmao:

Seriously though, what would be a high and low range pricewise. I'm finding very little info on these pieces. I know they were highly regarded when they came out, but I have no idea what they should be worth today. :no:

DSCN0837.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

There are at least 3 different versions of the classic Cit 16 (the one with LEDs), as well as the pro versions (without LEDs). Each has their own following.

bluebook says,

HARMON PWR, CITATION 16
Manufacture Years: 1976 - 1979
Power: 170wpc
MSRP: $795.00
USED: $501.00

HARMON PRE, CITATION 17 w/EQUALIZER
Manufacture Years: 1973 - 1979
MSRP: $900.00
USED: $74.00

Thanks for the response bolly, but those data points appear to be somewhat skewed. :scratch2:

No one here has or knows anything about this stuff? Or am I missing something here? :headscrat

as in a preamp that sold for $900 now sells for $74 but the power amp sold for $750 new and now sells for $500 ? that doesn't seem skewed to you? As in insufficient data :scratch2:

the bluebook data is always out of whack mitsuman, used mainly for MSRP and year of manufacture.

bolly said:
the bluebook data is always out of whack mitsuman, used mainly for MSRP and year of manufacture.

:beerchug: I appreciate the explanation. I'm not familar with anything but the Kelly Blue Book. I think I should still use the info when I make my offer on the preamp though. :banana: :banana: I shall disregard it when it comes to my offer on the power amp however. :D

Back
Top Bottom