Hollywood DJ systems

59volvo

FYI - went to a display of some of the classics discussed here at Audio-Karma at a "retro DJ" nite last week in Hollywood. The DJ was spinning tunes on a pair of Thorens TD-124s via a Bozak Mixer to a Dynaco70 to some Klipsch Speakers (I think - Cornwalls). Note the various JBLs, Klipsch, and Mac gear in the backround. In a brick walled room so sound was not perfect, but enjoyable none the less. Pics of the scene....

The DJ
dj%252520w-td124DSCN0501.JPG

Dynaco Amp next to a old Thorens TT

Dynaco70-DSCN0503.JPG

250TIs, Cornwalls? etc

Jbl250tiDSCN0506.JPG

MACs and ARs

mac%25252BjblsDSCN0497.JPG

Weird Speakers

weird%252520speakersDSCN0500.JPG

Miracord TT, JBLs?, MAC tubes
miracord-jbl-macDSCN0512.JPG

Pair of Thorens TD24s
Dj-spiningDSCN0511.JPG

june23_fin.jpg

hanginDSCN0496.JPG

Last edited:
Nice eclectic mix of vintage equipment.
Those JBL L250s look good.....real good.
Khorns and Design Acoustics D12As?

That place also sold gear, I've seen ads from them on the local CL.
I think that party was part of their "closing" festivities. June 24 last day?
Too bad, I've been wanting to check them out.

Boy oh boy if thats not the lowest DJ table/setup I've ever seen.
Have to sit Buddha style to beat-match.

Last edited:
Very nice! Would love to see those 250Ti's at our meet in August. Really nice presentation space, love the look.

Wow, looks like fun.

The speakers in the corners are not Cornwalls they are Klipschorns. At 105 db 1w 1m they can easily be driven to ear splitting volume by a 2.5 wpc SET amp.

Klipschorns have been in production here in Hope Arkansas since 1946. I would say they are designed for tubes but are right at home with high powered SS gear.

Wow, I just noticed the McIntosh/AR combo. That was a classic system. Larger Advents were also used.

Last edited:
59Volvo,

Have you any idea if there is going to be another display next year? I'd like to attend being that I'm in So Cal.

Hard to beat the look of vintage gear.

Read about a recent Hollywood wedding - two Antennas got married. The wedding wasn't much, but the reception was fabulous... ;)

Back
Top Bottom