Holy carp, Oppo is done?

Looks like they are just going to stop chasing the dragon and concentrate on selling their current high quality product line. "OPPO Digital will gradually stop manufacturing new products...". This does not say going out of business. It does not even say that they don't have some new products in the works.

Alan

That's EXACTLY what it means even if it doesn't precisely say so. The lie is in the promise to fully support existing product both sold and still in the distribution channel. Anyone wanna bet there's gonna be factory firmware updates and warranty work over the next 3 years? Right.

Last edited:
I guess the question is, who's going to fill their shoes? I have a 103 set up in the bedroom, and I do not know of a currently available product other than a 203 or 205 that could replace it and even function. Are there any other decent quality BDPs currently available that offer an auxiliary HDMI input and analog audio outputs, with the option of dropping speakers and downmixing multi-channel sources? People like me doing crazy stuff with old quad setups or pre-HDMI AVRs or pre/pros are going to be out in the cold. The 103 is the magical box that makes my old quad stuff still relevant.

"OPPO Digital will gradually stop manufacturing new products...".

You have to be on the ground here, if you look at an google map between hwy 101 and the industrial park area they have their building is all getting built up. The whole SF Peninsula is changing and IMHO not for the better. They are pushing out all manufacturing and industrial areas, bulldozing and building up everything for Tech, Universities and living space.

Interesting
It seemed with the oppo name it was somewhat a known quality.
Do we know who for (label) and what products are coming out of the pipe with other names?

OPPO is just a name. OPPO was bought out by a Chinese conglomerate. They build players for other companies and just slap their name on players. The US office is just a sales office.

Well, they're sold in Yurrup also under the Oppo name... and I'm not aware of any company selling a player with the same features that isn't at a significantly HIGHER price, so this makes me very sad. I aspired to get a 205 to replace my 103 and now that may never happen.

Back
Top Bottom