Holy Cow! Yamaha 101M amplifier

Discussion in 'Yamaha' started by bully, Jul 15, 2007.

1. bully

bully member

2. bolly

bolly Lunatic Member

3. SoCal Sam

SoCal Sam Lunatic Member

61 Kg!! That's over 120 pounds!

4. Sluggo

Sluggo Super Member

Tender Beef!

5. Web Police

Web Police Super Member

Moooooo!

6. wajobu

wajobu Boing Boom Tschak Subscriber

Got some power there!

7. legal eagle

legal eagle Sound Hound

Hi guys - here is the translation of that web page, from "google translate" (not my bad english - theirs!):yes::

YAMAHA 101M \ 1,000,000 (around 1982) without impairing the freely precision and high quality only of the audio amplifier, enormous power of the studio amplifier and the first class stereo power amplifier of Yamaha which has toughness. 101M has become the constitution which installs 2 monaural amplifiers in 1, it has made the complete twin monaural constitution which frees left and right from the AC power cord/code. Because of this, using just piece ch, being possible already to turn ch of one side to OFF, it is possible to remove harmful interference such as mutual interference. In addition, making left and right perfection after symmetrical, the minute electrical section above, prepares the large electrical section underneath concerning entire arrangement and wiring pattern, in order to flow the signal flow from front panel, facing toward the rear panel where the power transistor of the last step lines up, being considered, is designed. The power step, way freely power can be supplied low in the strain, including the power circuit makes those of new conception, Yamaha ZDR (zero strain circuits) by the fact that it loads, actualizes distortion factor large output low. To the power transistor, after one ch total 10 para (20) easy doing those of the metal can case entering of Pc200W, it increases ±70V operation 5 para in the base, according to need ±120V 4 para flexible it joins as constitution. Because of this with the high pressure operational ability of ±120V step as the whole power while, ±70V side 5 para in addition to there are no times when it is saturated, there is no necessity of 4 para regular operations of ±120V side as an individual power Tr, actualizes high room step altogether power. ZDR which in the power step designates the occurrence of all strains as zero (zero distortion rules) we are on-board, also the thermal strain which is peculiar at the time of the general crossover strain and music signal expansion in the power step and the strain etc due to speaker back electromotive force it cancels, actualizes strain conversion low. In order to improve the reliability at the time of heavy-current large voltage amplitude, it has become the constitution which main power source for the power step and sub power source to other than that separate is done in the power source section. Furthermore, main power source adjusting to the constitution of the power step, prepares ±70V and ±120V, by the fact that it makes the system which adds voltage the power source control circuit of real time according to need, acquires the electric power supply ability to be superior. In addition, the large-sized trance of approximately 10kg which uses the polar thickly oxygen free copper wire, wire diameter 2mm is adopted to the coil in power transformer making use of the Oriental core which is superior in magnetic property. The small bamboo grass, primary side direct current resistance 0.35Ω is actualized, large electric power supply is made possible. 100V18,000μF adopting the constitution that to Chemical Condenser of the power source section 1 para (2) you use 2 para (4), 63V39,000μF. The chemical condenser capacity of the power step which has been used for the 101M one unit has reached to 300,000 μF at the gross. In order to prevent the speaker from 10,001 accident, the protection network is loaded. With the DC detection protection, the DC servo territory detecting DC output when there is the DC input which comes off, speaker relay it TURNS OFF. In addition, with the high frequency detection protection speaker relay it TURNS OFF at the time of the high frequency large amplitude which exceeds 100kHz full power width. Furthermore, when speaker relay between power ON5 seconds it TURNS OFF, the muting circuit which operates in rush prevention circuit of 70Apeak simultaneously is loaded. Protection LED lights up & warns these three protection network operation times. We load the Pc limiter, when load short we detect continual load short circuit according to the circumstance of output current voltage, change the operational curve of the Pc limiter and protect the transistor. With the operational mode switch of the rear panel, as the monaural amplifier by BTL connection you can use. The input terminal has loaded the pin terminal and the male [mesukiyanon] terminal. It can choose balance input and imbalance input with the input mode switch of the rear panel. We load input [reberuatsuteneta], the continual variable to 0~-∞ is possible. Loading the sub sonic filter, it increases. Loading the peak meter of full scale 1000W/8Ω which designates 500W as 0dB, it increases. W indication at the time of BTL 併 is recorded in this meter, loads also the clip indicator. The rack-mounted is possible with the high rigid structure which uses aluminum frame work.

8. Arkay

Arkay Lunatic Member

:yikes:

That is one amazing amp. Does it come equipped with it's own power substation? Would love to hear one, but don't think I can get one. Maybe I should write Santa Claus, and make a bigger stocking....:D

9. yungin's-dad

yungin's-dad Last of the Baby Boomers Subscriber

That thing's built like a brick shithouse Pete! I wonder how it sounds?

Ron

10. bully

bully member

It's gotta sound great--it is a Yamaha :D

11. Inspiribomb

Inspiribomb Enjoy the journey

I'll take 2, please.

12. the-real-mandak

the-real-mandak Super Member

13. jimfet

jimfet AK Subscriber Subscriber

I think thats what I need.

14. BroonsBane

BroonsBane raisn em up waxin em down

Yup, I definitely want that.

15. SPL db

SPL db It's all about the music! Subscriber

What? That old thing??? ;)

Scott

16. Mark B

Mark B Yamaha Fan Subscriber

The 101M is a brute! As bully says, it's a Yamaha so it's got to sound great.

17. Soran

Soran Active Member

And how much is 1.000.000 yen in 1982 ?? :)

64,7 dm³ 0,001% thd? holy cow indeed. only an onkyo M-510 and a Sansui G-33000 is bigger.

18. BroonsBane

BroonsBane raisn em up waxin em down

I converted 1 million yen into todays US currency then into 1982 equivalence. Worked out to about $22,000US dollars in '82.

19. jhal

jhal Titanium Bliss

I passed on one of those at the thrift store the other day..:D:bs:

20. Raphael

Raphael Dream catcher.

500W into 8 Ohms? Think again!

Those must be uber rare . . even in Japan. Don't think we'll ever come across one in our lifetimes.