Holy Shit! NJ honeypot-tubes, tables, Quads

There will be good deals there. There's way too much stuff there--SOME of it will be priced low. I would go if I were remotely local.

I live locally but will be away all weekend. With the huge amount to be sold, maybe they'll have a week two...

Don't you hate that, see it all the time with members posting eBay listing and the likes. While they have no interest or the money they what to try and let the world know. However if they where the one with interest, or bidding not a peep about it.

Hell it's a week away that's even plenty of time for members to get a plane and hotel reservations.
I always appreciate info posts. Isn't helping each other out part of why this place exists?

Looking forward to great reports.
And it didn't happen if there's no photos! (for voyeurs like me)

More photos up in the estatesales.net link...

Even throwing in a Forsell Air Reference turntable. "Yeah, why not? I'm using that old pile anyway..."

More photos up in the estatesales.net link...

Even throwing in a Forsell Air Reference turntable. "Yeah, why not? I'm using that old pile anyway..."

Yes, but they hardly show everything clearly. There are components in the photos stored like books on library shells!

I'm waiting on a report. I set my alarm for 5:00 and pressed snooze too many times. Lol

I didn't really need anything, and I think this is going to be crazy. Although, I've had my eye on one of those Empire tables for a while...

Also waiting on a report. I would have gone just to see it, if nothing else. An amazing collection of audio gear.

A shit show to be had for sure. I would camp out for sun half price sale and be looking in the nooks and crannies. That's where the deals will be.

I would agree normally Josh, but I think I read that they moved everything to a separate warehouse, so no chance to do some good digging at the original residence to find those gems.

I was there for about the last hour today. The pricing was mostly fair retail, a bit under eBay in most cases, but if you were looking for stuff to flip, not much opportunity there. Off the top of my head, the Quad system (which was absolutely beautiful) was $3,600. The JBLs were something like $5,700. The Forsell Air Reference needed work -- the air pump was definitely missing -- was $2,900 I think. The GAS amps were each north of a grand. The Technics SP-15 in plinth (I didn't check exactly which Technics tonearm) was $1,250. Things needing work were more generously priced, especially the $25 room which looked to be about half sold by the time I got there. On the other hand, the main rooms looked to be about 10% sold. Pricing was pretty firm -- about the best I saw was $10 knocked off a $150 purchase. I was told about 30 people were there at open, but it must have been the usual looking-to-flip crowd, as they seemed to only buy the cheap stuff. Definitely cool things to be had, and worth a look if you're in the area, but ultimately not really worth the drive for me.

Don't you hate that, see it all the time with members posting eBay listing and the likes. While they have no interest or the money they what to try and let the world know. However if they where the one with interest, or bidding not a peep about it.

Hell it's a week away that's even plenty of time for members to get a plane and hotel reservations.

I questioned that when I first joined. The practice is frowned upon on other (non audio topics) forums I am on. I was told that's just the way it is here. :dunno:

I didn't go, either. Sleeping is more important these days. :dunno:
Besides that, I have a ton a stuff myself that needs to go before I start adding any more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom