Home Theater Sub to receiver help needed.

mikekink

So I have a samsung subwoofer model: PS-WP1200 which is part of the samsung home theater system HT-P1200. The subwoofer has a 13 pin din plug for audio and I would like to connect it to my receiver which is a Yamaha RX-V2092.

I am thinking how I would convert the 13 pin to 1 rca plug.

I have a picture and also I found the layout of the pins in a service manual.

Sx5Tq.jpg

miE0v.png

I just need the subwoofer part working no speakers are plugged into the sub those go directly to the receiver.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
Looks like pin # 2 and analog (?) ground which is pin 4, 8, or 9.

No idea if they used standard x.1 line levels but it is worth a try. I don't think you can blow anything up....but if you do, you wanted a new subwoofer anyway.

#10 is the sub, #13 is A. Ground (Analog Ground)

The schematic is incomplete. Are the power amps for the L,C,R,Ls,Rs built into the subwoofer?

Here is the other part of the schematic, I can provide the full service guide but its really big.

So after finding out the pins what would be the next steps?

Bbhwz.jpg

Well the sub works perfectly fine when connected as part of the home theater which is basically a dvd player but I would rather atleast try to get it working on the receiver.

Still no help. Still only part of the whole picture. Even if it were all here, it's not likely to be easily accomplished.

My mom used to tell me that when I was little, I came home crying and carrying a dead kitten and begged and pleaded with my mon to please, please make it better. I was heartbroken when I learned that some things just can't be done.

Technically, anything is possible with your unit given enough knowledge, effort, and money but the reality is that this is pretty much another dead kitten.

What you have is an integrated system. All functions are housed in two units and the connections intertwined between the two and are not as black and white as they are on a "real" HT system.

What you call "the DVD player", cound also be the preamp/processor, and "the subwoofer" is actually the entire amplifier section for the whole system. Or is the preamp/processor in the subwoofer too? Who knows? That makes it even more difficult sine there's no break between the processor/amp and the sub.

Trying to split out a part of an integrated system may sound easy in theory but, in practice, it's dang near impossible. Or, "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread".

Last edited:
Open up the cabinet and break out the sub wiring yourself - forget that crazy plug!
The speaker should have a + and a - so either get a regular speaker cup from parts express and wire the raw speaker to that,
or just run a pair of decent cables out of the cabinet.

I'm guessing your Yamaha receiver's Sub out is line level and not amplified?
So just use an external amp bridged to mono for power ...

Or go buy a $90 sub from Best Buy and don't dink with your Sammysung.

Its all just amps and speakers!

Last edited:
The subwoofer is completely removable from the housing and the connections are like any subwoofer. It has a built in amplifier so it has its own power source, Ill open up the housing and see if I can pull any of the wires or if there is more labeling there. Im thinking it should be simple and a matter of just getting the sub wire and combing it with an rca cable.

I personally just like the look and design of the subwoofer plus its not that bad spec wise and worth more then 90 dollars.

Last edited:
The subwoofer is completely removable from the housing and the connections are like any subwoofer. It has a built in amplifier so it has its own power source, Ill open up the housing and see if I can pull any of the wires or if there is more labeling there. Im thinking it should be simple and a matter of just getting the sub wire and combing it with an rca cable.

I personally just like the look and design of the subwoofer plus its not that bad spec wise and worth more then 90 dollars.
Let us know how that works out for ya.

Ok so I opened up the housing and here are some pics.

2zyV6.jpg

6UbBJ.jpg

The ground is connected to the frame/board, if I just cut the white SW wire and splice it or solder it with an rca cable and maybe use some shrink tubing would I be golden?

Also for no reason I took 2 pics of the sub

NViux.jpg

q8Lia.jpg

Its been some time now, but just an update. I decided to ditch the stock amp and get another plate amp from another subwoofer, in this case a Klipsch SW-350. I cut the plastic and mounted the amp and it closes with the enclosure, perfect fit! Everything works perfectly and the subwoofer sounds very nice.

75jpS.jpg

Last edited:
Its been some time now, but just an update. I decided to ditch the stock amp and get another plate amp from another subwoofer, in this case a Klipsch SW-350. I cut the plastic and mounted the amp and it closes with the enclosure, perfect fit! Everything works perfectly and the subwoofer sounds very nice.

75jpS.jpg

That's one way to get it done :D

Mike I bought that same SW-350 plate amp but i don't have two connectors for it can you show me how you connected your sub to that amp please?

Back
Top Bottom