Home theater transformation and progression.

HiFiJeff

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Well I figured I would start this thread to map the journey and progression of my home theater. Will keep updating and posting pictures as things progress. Here are some pictures of it now. It’s definitely a work in progress. Heck I will even take pictures of the terrible curtains I have thumbtacked up because the curtain rod was too short. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

I would like to see you add more acoustic treatment to soften the room a bit bit and break up standing waves especially on the rear wall and the back half of the side walls. Glad to see you have 2 subs. Some feel subs should not be placed symmetrically to prevent acoustic anomalies and to give more even coverage. But if the system is used in the stereo mode most of the time I would leave the subs located where they are.

I would like to see you add more acoustic treatment to soften the room a bit bit and break up standing waves especially on the rear wall and the back half of the side walls. Glad to see you have 2 subs. Some feel subs should not be placed symmetrically to prevent acoustic anomalies and to give more even coverage. But if the system is used in the stereo mode most of the time I would leave the subs located where they are.

Thanks for the advice. Like I said, it’s a work in progress so any advice is welcomed.

And I was just thinking, "and now we have to raise the screen!"

All a work in progress. The current projector I have doesn’t fill the screen so I just raised the picture up on the screen some so the center isn’t interfering. It’s a 100 inch screen but the picture throw is only about 75-80 inches. But funny you guys bring all of this up. My wife and I have the day off and am going down to my local furniture store to search for a new stand. The current stand is 25 inches. So am looking at one under 20 inches. I also will soon have a 110inch fixed Stewart screen here in the near future, courtesy of a fellow forum member here, so thank you VERY much. And at that point, I will also mount my new projector just sitting in my closet right now. So it’s all coming together. That’s why I am posting and asking so many questions. Now help me with the paint! I posted on that too! :)

Wow! That thing is Huge...! And I like that Patriotic mix of colors. You'll need to get white Cube surrounds! :biggrin:

It’s freaking massive! It’s so heavy. 92lbs! And thank you! I did that on purpose, it’s a true American Red, white and blue system. Remember how I was talking about getting those Rythmik Audio subs? Well I decided on two L12’s and they make them in a gloss white! So perfect! And I am also in talks with Sean right now about surrounds. I think I am going with another pair of Dirty Weekends. I just have to figure out what color. I could do gloss red and have all 3 match up front and move my current blues to the rear or another option I am leaning more towards is a second pair of Electric Blue Dirty Weekends. So left and right fronts and surrounds will match and that Ferrari Red center will take center stage. What do you think?

It’s freaking massive! It’s so heavy. 92lbs! And thank you! I did that on purpose, it’s a true American Red, white and blue system. Remember how I was talking about getting those Rythmik Audio subs? Well I decided on two L12’s and they make them in a gloss white! So perfect!

Definitely perfect! Twin L12 subs should be epic. :rockon:

And I am also in talks with Sean right now about surrounds. I think I am going with another pair of Dirty Weekends. I just have to figure out what color. I could do gloss red and have all 3 match up front and move my current blues to the rear or another option I am leaning more towards is a second pair of Electric Blue Dirty Weekends. So left and right fronts and surrounds will match and that Ferrari Red center will take center stage. What do you think?

What do I think...??? I think you're doing everything exactly correct. Timbre matched mains all around. Dual matching subs. New projector, and AVR. It doesn't get any better than that. Well done my friend! :D

:beerchug::jump::beerchug:

Definitely perfect! Twin L12 subs should be epic. :rockon:

What do I think...??? I think you're doing everything exactly correct. Timbre matched mains all around. Dual matching subs. New projector, and AVR. It doesn't get any better than that. Well done my friend! :D

:beerchug::jump::beerchug:

Thanks man! It’s seriously been a dream of mine, well like forever and it’s finally all coming to fruition.
It’s people like you who make this forum fun. I am sure those dual L12’s will be sick but it’s going to be hard to beat these RSL’s. They’re so good. If RSL made these in gloss white, I would get a pair. :)

See doesn’t interfere with picture. And this scene from Hell or High Water is one of the BEST scenes I have found to test out how quick and punchy your subwoofer is. Amazing movie and amazing scene!

Last edited:
New AVR, screen, projector and 4 Atmos in ceiling speakers will be installed tomorrow! Right in time for game 5 of the Avalanche vs Flames series! 110 inches will be huge tomorrow night. Been projecting a picture of about 75-80 inches.

I have one of those RSL subs as well and they're awesome for the price. Mine encountered a problem about a year after purchasing it. The amp started to act up. Sounded like chirping. Contacted RSL and they sent me a new amp. Excellent customer service.

Two is even better! :)
I have had mine for 1.5 years. No issues. And you’re right. The service Joe gives at RSL is spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom