1. Work behind the scenes continues. AK may go offline again for additional database and or Xenforo fixes.
    Dismiss Notice

"Homeland"...a bit of a revive here.

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by Quadman2, May 21, 2017.

1. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

For some reason, "Homeland" escaped my viewing until a neighbour brought it to my attention yesterday. Not having "Netflix" prob brought this situation about.

So, we sat down an took in the first two episodes. It started out in a flourish but has tamed down by the end of the second one. The writing seems tight, scary at times if the plot is even half true. My bud is hooked on the series.

For those who have taken in more than one season...is it worth the watch, or not?

Q

Please register to disable this ad.

2. 2526

2526 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hecks yeah.

3. Chip Chester

Chip Chester Super Member

Very good all the way around. Writing, shooting, performances, even casting. This last season has a character that is quite unusual, and spot-on. But you've got lots to plow thru til you get to that.

Chip

4. captouch

captouch AK Subscriber Subscriber

I agree, it's a good show - worth watching for sure. I'm going through the latest season now - just 3 episodes left.

5. qdrone

qdrone Music is my mistress

It's a nice ride to where it is now in this season. Worth watching.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  6. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

Thanks for the feed back.:thumbsup:

Really hate to get hooked on the first few episodes, then it goes into a melo drama/soap.

Along with "Better Call Saul"...reg TV will suffer, but not much of late to miss.

Q

7. KiM3Ce

KiM3Ce AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have seen the whole series from the beginning. I thought the last season was better at the end than at the start.

8. Darksyde

Darksyde Well-Known Member

Great series.

9. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

Just going into the second season...and "Homeland" still seems to be holding its own.

I like the way the plot twists and turns. Some of the characters seem to be a bit way out, but maybe if yer in this game of "Hide and Seek", the slime wears off on ya, eh?:confused:

Q

10. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

Damned series is ingrained in me now!

Can't believe the degree that Carrie in this TV production is able to express in her face. She's so into her role!

Finally they caught the guy...but now a double agent? The "broth" doth thicken.

Q

11. Worried Man

Worried Man Super Member

Nobody has posted on Season 7 (2018)?

This is my favorite TV show. This season started a little slow but it picked up steam. Last week's episode (the penultimate for the season) was one of the best Homeland episodes I've ever seen. The season finale last night was subdued but intriguing. Can't wait to see what happens in season 8.

12. Todd Dodds

Todd Dodds AK Subscriber Subscriber

All I know is the guy that plays the youngish Russian spy also plays a youngish Russian spy on The Americans, and I can't keep 'em straight.

Worried Man likes this.
  13. Worried Man

Worried Man Super Member

Ha. Yeah. Good actor, though. Much different guy on The Americans.

Now, does Claire Danes know how to play a crazy woman or what. Wow.

Todd Dodds likes this.
  14. hjames

hjames dancing madly backwards ... Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Think we only got to season 3 - the end of the arc with Brody ...
    looks like we'll have to play catchup real soon now!!

Oh - apparently its Netflix DVD only, not streaming ... I'll have to pass, sigh.

15. qdrone

Season 7 was so prophetic on what is going on in Washington today. One of the best seasons.

slimecity and Worried Man like this.
  16. Worried Man

Worried Man Super Member

Pretty uncanny how much it mirrored what's been going on, especially considering the show was probably shot well before current events.

One of the most satisfying moments of the whole season was the Congressional testimony by a certain party last night. (Won't say much more so as not to spoil it for those who haven't watched.)

qdrone likes this.

17. Todd Dodds

Todd Dodds AK Subscriber Subscriber

Between Homeland, The Americans, and now, Counterpart, I'm sure glad I didn't get into the spying business. It's just too much work.

Worried Man likes this.
  18. Worried Man

Worried Man Super Member

Yeah. Pretty freaking dangerous, apparently, too. When I was a kid, it was the only thing I thought I wanted to do.

19. qdrone

You guys are getting spooked by what you perceive the job to be. It's probably 70% paperwork and investigation. Boring,yawn.

Todd Dodds likes this.
  20. Worried Man

Worried Man Super Member

Speaking of The Americans, any theories on how it could end? Here's how I might write it. Elizabeth and Phillip end up accidently running into Stan during a mission, i.e., they're discovered. There's a scuffle, Elizabeth almost kills Stan, and then one of a couple things might happen: (1) either Stan gets the upper hand and kills Elizabeth, or (2) Phillip, seeing that Elizabeth is about to kill Stan, who has been a good friend to Phillip, through thick and then, saves Stan by killing Elizabeth. Stan then makes a deal with Phillip, granting him immunity and witness protection/relocation, in exchange for everything he knows. In the meantime, Claudia finds Paige and the two make it out of the country safely to Russia, where Paige enters into even more intensive spy training, becoming a superspy like her mother, and thus the cycle repeats.

All of this will be an enormous shock to Henry, of course, who has been clueless about all of this all along. He will relocate with his father. As part of the deal with Stan, Phillip asks for (and gets) full tuition coverage for the remainder of Henry's education.

Last edited: May 6, 2018