"Homeland"...a bit of a revive here.

Speaking of The Americans, any theories on how it could end? Here's how I might write it. Elizabeth and Phillip end up accidently running into Stan during a mission, i.e., they're discovered. There's a scuffle, Elizabeth almost kills Stan, and then one of a couple things might happen: (1) either Stan gets the upper hand and kills Elizabeth, or (2) Phillip, seeing that Elizabeth is about to kill Stan, who has been a good friend to Phillip, through thick and then, saves Stan by killing Elizabeth. Stan then makes a deal with Phillip, granting him immunity and witness protection/relocation, in exchange for everything he knows. In the meantime, Claudia finds Paige and the two make it out of the country safely to Russia, where Paige enters into even more intensive spy training, becoming a superspy like her mother, and thus the cycle repeats.

All of this will be an enormous shock to Henry, of course, who has been clueless about all of this all along. He will relocate with his father. As part of the deal with Stan, Phillip asks for (and gets) full tuition coverage for the remainder of Henry's education.

Don't forget Stan's new girlfriend is prolly a Ruskie.

Maybe Stan comes home after all is said and done to find his girlfriend gone. No explanation, no clue, everything cleaned out of her closet. He puts two and two together and comes to the realization, etc.

Or, after Phillip's deed with Elizabeth, Phillip warns Stan. "Don't go straight home. She's one of us." Or something like that.

Thing is, I don't think the show ever gave us any clue that she was a Russian. For example, it does not appear that Elizabeth and Phillip know she's a spy. Or do they?

Caught the latest Americans ep last night. Stan's starting to put two and two together. Finally. I think this could play out close to how I've called it.

I think Homeland is the best tv series I have even seen. I haven't watched The Americans and Counterpoint but I will.

I've watched both. Some of the most compelling TV I've ever seen was on Homeland. I would recommend starting at the beginning. One thing I always found implausible on The Americans is Kerri Russell whipping 250-pound bad guys.

Fist 3 seasons were filmed in and around Charlotte. I live in a bedroom community just across the border and have been to several of the locations by happenstance and on purpose. Drove by the Brody House for years on commutes. The "CIA" was the dormant Phillip Morris cigarette plant in Concord. Interesting watching a shoot.

On St. Paddy Day 2012 the film crew stumbled across my local Irish pub in Fort Mill. Played a few rounds of Bimini Ring with a couple Homeland guys wearing kilts. :biggrin: Ales were flowing; conversations fascinating.

Great series.
:beerchug:

Because I am OBSESSED with how this thing (the Americans) will end. Some pretty interesting thoughts. In any case, I don't think it will be pretty.

Just an FYI for any fans of The Americans who use a DVR - I heard the final Episode will be LONGER than the others - 70 Minutes or so,
so - be sure to set it to to Play LONG - give it some extra time so you get the whole story
(I set mine for 75 Minutes, just to be sure!)

Just an FYI for any fans of The Americans who use a DVR - I heard the final Episode will be LONGER than the others - 70 Minutes or so,
so - be sure to set it to to Play LONG - give it some extra time so you get the whole story
(I set mine for 75 Minutes, just to be sure!)

Awesome. Dying to see how this all ends.

I've always thought of this series of being a sophisticated "24" with much better plots/subplots and writing in general.

Q

My wife heard a spoiler-free review of the final episode. The reviewer's opinion was: it delivers. So no "Lost" ending for this one. :)

Yep. It delivers. I thought it was spot on. It surprised me, defied some of my expectations, but it stayed true to the show.

I am halfway through the current season. Am I picking up from conversations here, that this is the FINAL season?

Logic, given where they are in the story historically, it makes sense. I would hate them to drag out the anti-climax for more, even one, seasons.

Back
Top Bottom