Hooked on old mech tables

Hajidub

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Recently traded with an AKer for an old refurbished Dual 1015. Became hooked on old mechanical tables and found a Miracord 50H recently on C's List. I put an offer on the Mira at $75 on this beautiful 50H, though the seller says the stylus sounds like crap (I have a replacement). If all functions work as advertised how does this idler rank with the Dual?

Last edited:
Back in the day (late '60s to mid '70s), I was mainly an ELAC guy. I had a 10H, then stepped up to a 50H, until I turned Japanese in '74 with a Pio PL-71. Never even thought of Duals back then, always thought it was kind of funny how they became the vintage thing to have. Times change, I s'pose.

Good luck with the 50H.

Cheers,
Larry B.

Thanks for the opinions! What I think is drawing me in on these mech tables is the simplicity. When you set the VTF and AS and it sounds fantastic you know its on purpose. Past integrated circuit tables I've owned didn't give me that feeling. With all the sensors and servo's; when I zeroed out and setup a table was it really or just some IC telling me so?

Back
Top Bottom