Hooking up a QS-500

jakedaniel

I'm using a Sansui 5000 receiver right now and I'm thinking about picking a QS-500 rear amp for it if I can find one on the cheap. The thing is, I don't want to buy it if I can't hook it up. I saw one for sale on Epay a while back but I couldn't see from the pics where the inputs are for the receiver. I also don't have pre-outs or main-ins on my receiver, (guess I should have picked up a 5000x). Will I be able to hook a QS-500 up and if so, could someone give me a few tips?

I've never heard quad, I'm curious as to how it'll sound

No problem to hook it up. The QS500 connects to any receiver that has Tape Monitor terminals. Behind the QS500 are connectors labeled 'Front Amp' (thus these connectors logically go to your Front amp which means the 5000 receiver) Merely make the connection between the QS500 and 5000 receiver via Recording Out jacks left & right, to Tape Monitor In jacks left & right. The 5000 receiver probably has atleast two pairs of tape terminals, Tape 1 & Tape 2, so pick whichever you have available.

You then connect one pair of rear speakers to the QS-500 speaker terminals (which are the usual spring clip terminals) and you connect the front speakers to the 5000 receiver's speaker terminals, and youre good-to-go.

Actually if you have a 3rd set of speakers, the QS-100 has a B speaker terminal to accomodate this other pair of speakers. The QS-500 also has connectors to add both a 4 channel and 2 channel tape machine to it.

B/F

I knew it had to be easy. Thanks for helping me out. If I get this QS-500 then it's on to the search for another set of speakers to match the ones I have, (SP-200's). Anybody have a pair laying around they might be able to part with? I'll check the classifieds.

Later

Back
Top Bottom