Hooking up aYamaha A-S801 amp to a music network player and a computer?

bergun

I'm building a separate 2 channel system based around a CD player and turntable, but at the same time, I want to include either a Pioneer or Cambridge Audio network player with a computer since I want to play the music files I've downloaded and transferred to iTunes.

How difficult would this be... For an old guy with Zero tech knowledge??

Also, is it possible hook this system to a newer Sony flat screen TV and somehow route a media player visualizations program (Windows Media Player-Visualization) through the computer, to my TV, for the visual effects of something like or close to a spectrum analyzer?? ....I'm a very visual type of person and love bouncing/fading lights while zoning out to my music.

If its semi-difficult, could a business... Like Best Buy's tech people, hook everything up??

Thanks for any info on this!!

Last edited:
Most Pioneers have Airplay so it's as simple as just casting from the computer (or Iphone/Ipad) to the receiver or Network Player.

It's what I do, to a Pioneer AVR.

Casting/streaming the visuals would require video out to the TV or mirroring the screen. Wifi and wired options are available. If youre on a Mac, you can mirror to a Apple TV as an example.

Eric

i run hdmi from pc to tv for the avr and use vlc player to send audio and video to the avr
i run usb dac to the 2 chan using foobar or jriver, it does mean the vid for the 2 chan is on the pc screen but is visible on the tv also
but my stuff is close so is wired

Back
Top Bottom