Hoping a Sansui / electronics master can help me with 5500 receiver bias

JoshHendi

^ElectroNerd^
Hey everyone so I got a 5500 receiver and the manual has a weird procedure for checking/setting bias by checking external fuses, with a weird on/off guide and I haven't had luck. (Followed the manual, gone threw a meter fuse or two [and yes my meter was set right], just a real PITA process)

What I am hoping is that one of you wizards can do the calculation so I can measure the bias in DCmv on the emitter resistors. I have seen on other Sansui amp threads that people bypass the fuse readings because a wizard knew what the measurements on the emitter resistors were. And that way I can make sure the bias is balanced on both channels by not having to turn it on and off constantly for L/R readings.

Attached the manual to help. If anything else is needed (voltages or whatever) please let me know!

Attachments

• 5500bias.JPG
    5500bias.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 9
there is a way with a dummy fuse i read about as was interested at the time . saying that if trimmers were turned so no current was flowing . i cant see a problem doing it as per manual .. i have never had a problem blowing meter fuses but can see how it might happen . seem to remember i started on 10 amp setting .

Back
Top Bottom