Hot SANSUI deals! Real SANSUI steals!

While I don't see this item as a deal or even desirable given the mods, it did strike me due to its uncommonly practical(?) customization and as an opportunity for someone to get a hot rod AU4400 for $1 plus shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sansui-AU-4400-...oryZ3280QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I apologize if the link above was inserted improperly and fails to work...

-Steve

What on earth?!?! LOL!

Without the rack handles (that look like they came off a kitchen cupboard) it would be a really sexy faceplate!

I give the guy credit for at least trying something out. Many people wouldn't attempt mods like that...

Check out this Sansui AUX-711 Alpha on AUDIOGON

Sucker is beautiful but expensive! X-Balanced, so similar sound to the AU-D11 II I bet....

Needs some identification help

Help,

I have a guy I met that wants to know if I'm interested in a Sansui amp. He thinks it from the 70's an its black. That is all he can tell me so far.

He also has a Pioneer Receiver that is from the 80's and does 100 watts per channel.

I know its not much to go on, but anyone have an idea what models these might be and what they are worth?

David

Help,

I have a guy I met that wants to know if I'm interested in a Sansui amp. He thinks it from the 70's an its black. That is all he can tell me so far.

I know its not much to go on, but anyone have an idea what models these might be and what they are worth?

David
It's impossible to know. Almost all Sansui amps were black from 15WPC up to +100WPC. Besides, he THINK it¨s from 70's. It can be an AU-919 or an A-900
and the quality and price differ hugely

Ask him to read on front panel the model number of the amp.

There is a an AU-D907 Limited integrated amp on audiogon right now, for $550.

This is an upgraded limited edition version of the AU-919, with a bunch of extra copper cladding and a beautiful ebony wood veneer case. It may have some better parts as well. It would need to be used with a step down transformer for US power.

I am sorely tempted and I think the price is not bad considering what AU-919s go for these days. Somebody else buy this puppy!

There is a an AU-D907 Limited integrated amp on audiogon right now, for $550.

This is an upgraded limited edition version of the AU-919, with a bunch of extra copper cladding and a beautiful ebony wood veneer case. It may have some better parts as well. It would need to be used with a step down transformer for US power.

I am sorely tempted and I think the price is not bad considering what AU-919s go for these days. Somebody else buy this puppy!
That looks nice. I wonder if it sounds any better though?

Nice catch - it's about 20 miles from me! I think I might try and contact the seller and see whats I can see.

I don't get much of that type of goodies here locally.

Cheers,

Bob

Go get it Bob!!

Check out these nudies...look at all the copper shielding. And with that ebony case...I contacted the seller they said it was real wood veneer not vinyl. I think you should BUY IT

Nice catch - it's about 20 miles from me! I think I might try and contact the seller and see whats I can see.

I don't get much of that type of goodies here locally.

Cheers,

Bob

Attachments

• 907lima0.jpg
    907lima0.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 907lima1 under.jpg
    907lima1 under.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 19
I contacted the seller too haven't heard back yet tho. Looks pretty much like a 919. I've got a AU-D11 II just re-done from hi-fi hospital barely broken in. Me likey copper too!

Cheers,

Bob

Hello! Just wanted to share my Sansui story. I just purchased a G-9000 receiver, SC-5100 cassette deck and SP-X9000 speakers....all in their original boxes and all in mint condition. I gave the gentlemen $600.00 and he through in a mint Sanyo Plus Q40 turntable!! I am pretty darned happy!

Back
Top Bottom