Hot Sauce - My sick addiction

I would think you could use an orange Habanero in a fruit based sauce if you can't get botrytis' little lemony bastards. :p

o1.JPG
this is my eastern eggs tree :eek:)
( ecuador chilis, in a scaling of 1-10 for burning give them a 5 only )

o2.JPG
this can be rated 8-9, very hot chili.

o3.JPG
this is the yellow Habanero earlyer, still green. When its finished yellow it can be rated 10.

CIMG0188.JPG
unknown Chili, very large type. Made from a corn of a dryed chili mix pack.

greetings
Martin

Hello,

My name is Steven and I'm addicted to hot sauce. The hotter the better. I seem to have an addiction to the rush that eating super hot hot sauce and peppers gives me. Though I pay for it in the mornings. I'm curious is any other AK'ers out there are like me.

Last night I got some new sauce that's called "Weapons of Ass Destruction", it has a little picture of Saddam Hussein and George Bush on it and at first was very mild. So what did I do? I dumped a large amount all over my pizza. Boy was that a mistake. A few minutes in, I was dripping sweat, nose running, milk drinking, and everything else that comes with it. All of that, and I loved it. Are you guys as sick as me, or am I a rare breed of heat seekers?

Cheers,
Steven

This is a lethally guaranteed Heat Seeking Nuclear Missile right to your very core, I'd say! And me laughing so hard it hurts.

About 7 weeks ago I got my mitts on a bottle of The Last Dab from the breeder's (local buddy) private stock. At the time it was awaiting official Scoville certification and inventory ramp up before it went retail. (the 1,000 bottles that were offered up after the Hot Ones debut were promo only and sold out in 45 minutes) As of Sep. 14 it's available in limited quantity.

Haven't cracked the seal just yet. But it's coming with me to the NC shore along with some fishin' buddies next week. I'm thinking I should show them how it faired on The Hot Ones Show and/or Colbert before we dab this Pepper X concoction on the wings/feesh. :idea:

Should be interesting. :p..........:confused:

Last edited:
hm, some chillis are too large for appartement farming..
I have seeded 2 Trees of indonesian Rawit Chillis, one of them have now the height of the room :music:
Martin

I get my Chinese food from a hole in the wall joint around the corner from us. The first time I went in there, I asked for General Tso's chicken, extra hot. I got a tingle. Next time I said I want it really hot. Still just a tingle. The next time, the owner's college-age daughter was at the counter. I looked her in the eye and said "I want this spicy. Really spicy. I want this ****ing hot!" She laughed, said something to the cook. He laughed, and I heard something sizzle in the back, then he came out "You try" I tried it. It was sweet at first, the the sweat started popping out of my bald spot. I said. THAT'S what I want. If you make it for me this way every time I come in, I'll be happy. They've been making it that way ever since.
My Yelp review

the Thai restaurants here, they ask how hot you want it on a scale of 1-10. A coworker said you don't have to stop at 10 - there is a whole scale of "Thai Hot" above that! he orders it 25 or something.

All the hot sauce lovers should try making their own. I make multiple kinds but my favorite is Jamaican paw-paw sauce which can be made a variety of ways but always includes scotch bonnets (or habaneros) and papaya.

ScottFan355 ive done the same with frying scotch bonnets ,jalapeno and habs and Thai chile peppers in oil with deadly results,lol.

I've been into chilies since working at two Mexican restaurants in the early '80s. I had some misadventures which involved being bent over double in extreme gut pain for 4 to 5 hours.

I moved back to Queensland a while back and was finding it difficult to get sufficiently hot sauces. I went to the local Mex restaurant and asked them to give me a hot sauce which, in their considered opinion, would put me in Intensive Care. An interesting thing happened: Out came a small bowl of sauce. The waitress who delivered it didn't leave but stood next to me watching me eat the entire bowl. I figured that they were worried that I'd tip it into the pot plant which I was sitting next to. After finishing the small bowl I asked if I could have another one. "Another one?" she asked me. Yep another one. This time when the second bowl came out, it was accompanied by the entire kitchen staff. They stood there in disbelief watching me eat the second bowl because they couldn't believe that It was possible that I ate the first one, let alone asked for seconds.

I bought a flask of this stuff about 8 years ago

blair-s-3-am-reserve-pepper-extract-2-5oz-2.gif

81896PC%2BwiL._SL1500_.jpg

This stuff is beyond hot. I take a metal skewer and dip it into the concentrate. The most I add is two drops. Three drops makes the dish inedible. Do not let bravado overtake you if you get some of this. You will regret it.

Reminds me of pure cap theophile.Capsium is why peppers are hot ,so a pure extract is deadly hot.Your story reminds me of a late friend that use to get genocide wings and extra sauce and gobble that up like nothing.Died of an aneurism,im sure there was no relation.We had a store close by that had nice hot wings until some moron complained they were too hot!Why not get medium instead of ruining it for the rest of us?And they were really not very hot just a good taste,but over time they have become crappy and they changed to hummingbird wings.

Reminds me of pure cap theophile.Capsium is why peppers are hot ,so a pure extract is deadly hot.Your story reminds me of a late friend that use to get genocide wings and extra sauce and gobble that up like nothing.Died of an aneurism,im sure there was no relation.We had a store close by that had nice hot wings until some moron complained they were too hot!Why not get medium instead of ruining it for the rest of us?
That's why I called it a concentrate. It is not a sauce, as the sticker correctly warns. I like hot and I like hot with flavour. I have tailed back somewhat over the past decade and now I feel that Habanero hot is about as far as I want to take things. I've never tried Bhut Jolokia nor the Ghost chilies. I wouldn't mind sampling them but I've kinda lost the momentum that I used to have.

There is no 'machismo' to eating hot. It comes with repeated exposure and taking things further slowly. Anyone could do that. My body, more specifically, my bowels tell me that they have their limits. The sheer number of hot sauces with names which allude to bowel objection would tend to lend weight to the fact that I am not alone in that response.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom