Hot Tub Controller Repair

goat67

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hello
Anybody out there who services hot tubs / spas?
I have a 2002 Jacuzii J355 hot tub that will not respond to any button pushes from the keypad.
It does display the temp and it is running the circulation pump constantly.
I do not know if the CP should run constantly or not.
The heater is working and turns on and off when needed.

So how can I determine which piece is bad?

The key pad costs 373.00 the circuit board is 425.00 plus shipping

I have looked at both and nothing obvious is wrong I did find one pin on the eprom on the circuit board not
inserted correctly it was bent out not sure if it was making contact or not. Corrected this no change.

I have found I can buy a replacement pack consisting controller and key pad plus a heater for less than
the cost of the two pieces mentioned above.

So feel free to let me know what you think or what I can try to do to.

I'm not an expert but learned a little on my old Hotsprings tub.

Usually hot tubs are fed power through two circuits. One for the circulation pump (mine ran constantly) and heater, the other for the jet pumps. Have you checked for power on both circuits? If the GFI breaker (or main breaker) for the pump side has tripped, it will appear as if the control panel is not working.

Good luck!

Thanks for the input.

I have power.
I have three pumps Pump one a 2 speed pump 2 one speed and pump three the Circulation pump.

Just check with a local service and they want $220.00 just to show up and diagnose the problem.
They want 875.00 for the circuit board full price and I am sure the topside control will be another 600.00

Arghhhh

I replaced the control board on my Jaquzzi Nautilus series a that issue. I got the board of of ebay for around $260. I took a picture of the old board connected and used the photo as a road map to install the new one. 15 minutes later all was good and I saved around $800. BTW that tub ran continuously for over 20 years. I doubt my new one will last that long!
Regards,
Jim

Have you tried shutting the breaker off for a minute, or two?

Last edited:
Thanks ehoove
So yours would not respond to the control panel but would display the temp etc....?
Cheapest I can find a replacement for Mine is 425.00 can almost replace all of the guts with a new spa pack for that money.

Blast
Yes I did cycle power multiple times (would be pretty hard to remove an Eprom and fix a bent pin with the power on) :).

Well it started to work again had it off for 24 hours decided to turn the breaker back on to heat it up and it is working WTF

Well it quit again and it was the control panel I took a chance as the control board seemed to work if it was told to.
Found a new one for $298.00 plus shipping
And I did look to see if any of the caps need to be replaced. It is a 2005 model so not to old.

Back
Top Bottom