Hound Dog Taylor anyone?

Kipp

Any fans of Hound Dog here? I know I am. Lately I've started thinking he might be my favorite blues artist. I love John Lee Hooker and Howlin' Wolf, but there's just something about the ol' Hound Dog that seperates him (lately anyway). His is more of a "goodtime, foot stompin' " blues. Very unique IMHO. Check out Hound Dog Taylor and his Houserockers, and Natural Boogie. Enjoy!

Great bluesman! I've had "Natural Boogie" since the 70s; love "Sadie"! In fact, I saw him at Teddy's back in the late 70s in Milwaukee. Small club, hot band and cold beer........priceless!
________
LovelyWendie

Last edited:
Yes, HD was one of the best, of course he'd give you the finger at a moments notice

Alan

I bought "Hound Dog Taylor & The Houserockers" on vinyl, UNOPENED for 25 cents (Alligator Records). My neighbor, an 80ish year old black man was with me when I opened it and gave it a listen. One look at his face, and I knew the only remnant I would have was a cassette copy I had to make for myself. Ted Jackson now possesses the album. AWESOME recording job by Alligator, and quite a band. No bass player if I remember correctly, just Hound Dog on lead, a rhythm guitarist, and a drummer. Raw, unadulterated blues.

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

Toasted is right on the line-up. No bass which lends itself to some even rawer sounding down in the dirt blues than the usual.

My favorite is this live one. He shined in the late night joints (that I'm sure he called HOME)

That damned studio album I had sounded "live" in my listening room Moon. Alligator Records gives good recording.

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

Moon,

Jumping forums here, but have you ever heard the first "Nazz" album featuring your boy Todd? 1968 or so Philly band that kicked ass! One of my favorite rock albums. It had the first version of Hello.....

Toasted - Bought Nazz 2 when it first came out. 1969 I think. The rest followed. I have most everything Todd's ever done. That first one is cool for sure.

They just released a Nazz rarities collection as well. Haven't got it yet, but hear it's pretty cool.

Moon

Back
Top Bottom