Houston, we have a JVC JRS600 for $100.

pmsummer

simul justus et peccator
120 WPC. Jupiter and Beyond styling.

And more stuff.
http://houston.craigslist.org/ele/215585222.html

19811055_o.jpg

An underrated receiver. I have the just-below JRS400 -- built like a fortress and with very good quality components. Also, very very wide and heavy. $100 is a little below market value, not a bargain, but a fair price if everything is working.

The "Jupiter and Beyond" (nice line!) styling is not for everyone, but the SEAs equalizer should have been incorporated by other manufacturers, it is very useful and not a toy. I get a kick out of when friends say in disbelief, "what is that!?" They think it is some sort of Yorx combo set-up and blown back by the warm power. This beast can push some solid watts.

Better be local to this because it will cost a bit to ship.

While not 1 of the better sounding receivers IMHO, it is not bad and my 501 I think is built never to break down.

I think those units sound exceptionally clean. Very nice. JVC engineering was always way ahead of the pack.

More than good value for $100. Underrated receivers. Lots of head room and especially great sounding at low volume. Very good tuner.

STOP IT...I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE!
Sorry for yelling. You guys are pressuring me. I bought a R2R from this same seller last week. A really good guy. About a 45 minute drive from me. I wanted to grab his receiver and EQ, but I had to control myself. I'm really a silver face guy, but he was a big fan of that JVC! He was hollering, "don't you want anything else?" I had to get in the car and drive away. :tears:

Good price on the Pioneer equalizer. I can't even look at receivers. I have no more rack space.

Well, now you can go back and buy it KC. My JVC is akin to my Klipsch Heresys, not sure why I hold onto them but can't bring myself to get rid of them as they have an entirely different sound from my main set but though different sound so good and I doubt they'll ever give me a problem.

Back
Top Bottom