How 2 get out cig odor on Leather Jacket?

madpioneer

Can anyone here give me some good ways to get rid of heavy cigarette odor from a nice leather jacket w/satin lining without taking it to a professional cleaners. Keep in mind it has a sewn logo across the back and on the front breast too not sure this makes a difference.
THANX!

I've had the unfortunate experience of being at a function where there was heavy smoking, and coming home with my clothes reeking. My best results with anything that can't be laundered or dry-cleaned (or you don't want to) is just to let it air out. I hang it up in the garage for a day or two, give it a brushing to fluff up the cloth (or wipe with a slightly damp cloth for leather), give it another day or two, and you're good to go. You won't be able to smell a thing.

While I've got you, I need some help! I had a total computer meltdown, and I lost my web links. I had a link to a guy who specialized in tape decks, belts, idler wheels, etc. I have a Pioneer CT-F9191 and CT-F750 that I'm going to rebuild, and I wanted to buy a set of belts. Would you know who this was? Or another source?

On the outside chance that you've got a 9191 parts unit, I'm looking for one inner knob.

Thanks!
Good luck with the jacket!

Clay

Fisherdude,
pot80,
Thanx! I have it hanging in the garage now.
As for as tape deck parts go check 'Vintage Electronics' just do a search and you should find them. I have bought lamps,belts and idlers from them. Other than that I do not know of anyone else.
You could also search 'Stereo manuals' go into Rick Stouts site and look under his link page. thers lots of different links there.
Sorry I could not be more helpful!

Back
Top Bottom