How about a cassette tape swap?

spartanmanor

Lunatic Member
Wardsweb started a reel swap; I would like to propose a cassette tape swap.

To clarify: Join the list. Put together and record your own playlist on cassette, in other words a mix tape of whatever you want to record. I will let you know who on the list of participants to mail your tape to. In return you will get a mix tape from another on the list. Listen to the tape you receive, maybe you will enjoy it, maybe you will hate it and just maybe you will be turned on to some new music. After you have had the tape for a week or two pass it along to the next on the list until your tape comes back to you. If this works then we can start it all over again with new tapes and new participants. I will do my best to keep track of who has what and keep it posted in this sticky.

I would like to suggest that the tapes have a theme with artwork for the cover (you can make this as simple or complex as you like). The tapes should also include the equipment used to record along with any settings.

Players for round 1

spartanmanor (confirmed)
onepixel (confirmed)
shimniok (confirmed)
phatster(confirmed)
AnalogDigit (confirmed)
seek/destroy (confirmed)
koseltri (confirmed)

swap round 1

Spartanmanor to Koseltri
onepixel to seek/destroy
shimniok to AnalogDigit
phatster to shimniok
AnalogDigit to onepixel
seek/destroy to spartanmanor
koseltri to phatster

PM your swap to get an address

Swap list round 2

AnalogDigit to Spartanmanor
Shimnok to Onepixel
seek/destroy to Dwartz
bordeno to koseltri
Dwartz to Trower
Spartanmanor to Shimnok
Gearhead to AnalogDigit
phatser to Gearhead
koseltri to Shimnok
Doctordirt to seek/destroy
Onepixel to bordeno
Trower to phaster

Swap list round 3

Onepixel to Spartanmanor
Gearhead to Onepixel
Shimnok to Dwartz
Trower to koseltri
bordeno to Trower
phaster to Shimnok
dodog to AnalogDigit
AnalogDigit to Gearhead
koseltri to dodog
Spartanmanor to bordeno
Dwartz to phaster
poseidon8118 to Doctordirt
Guardian to poseidon8118
Doctordirt to Guardian

Last edited:
I am surprised this has not gotten more interest as there have been a lot of AK members getting new/old decks.

I for one have been having a blast playing with my Nak decks making mix tapes.

I am surprised this has not gotten more interest as there have been a lot of AK members getting new/old decks.

I for one have been having a blast playing with my Nak decks making mix tapes.

I could have participated, but it'll cost an arm and a leg ;)

Yes, I guess that would be true. Here in the states we can use media mail which should make it well under $1 to mail.

Nice - last time i mailed a casette to a friend in San Diego - i think it did cost me close to $9....

that was back then when we haunted Compuserve ;)

I wouldn't mind, but here's the thing...I just don't have a ton of time for it...I'd guess everyone that's ever done a tape swap knows that there is a kind of "pressure" with trying to "one up" your last tape..then there are the music choices, no one wants/needs a tape of music they already have. Now, if you want to make a tape of requested tunes/bands/artists, and post a desired or suggested list, then it could be a low pressure, when I have the time kind of fun. I wouldn't mind hearing a tape of music you think really exemplifies your best decks capabilites, and then visa versa. Bring some outside objectivity into the mix, that kind of stuff......BTW, what's with the vicious avatar change?

I wouldn't mind, but here's the thing...I just don't have a ton of time for it...I'd guess everyone that's ever done a tape swap knows that there is a kind of "pressure" with trying to "one up" your last tape..then there are the music choices, no one wants/needs a tape of music they already have. Now, if you want to make a tape of requested tunes/bands/artists, and post a desired or suggested list, then it could be a low pressure, when I have the time kind of fun. I wouldn't mind hearing a tape of music you think really exemplifies your best decks capabilites, and then visa versa. Bring some outside objectivity into the mix, that kind of stuff......BTW, what's with the vicious avatar change?

What ever you want to put on the tape is fine I just made the suggestion for a theme. This should be fun no pressure. I don’t have a firm idea of what I am going to do but was thinking along the lines of featuring a year in music with some stuff that it not often heard.

I think it would be a nice idea if before the tapes shipped to put in this thread what you put together. I am really open to anything it just would be fun to see what everyone comes up with.

The Avatar change is for Halloween. You will notice that a bunch of us do this around this time of year.

I might be into it, could you explain how it works?

Sure. Here is how it works: You get to compose your own playlist on the cassette you record. Basically you make a mix tape. Then we all swap. When you get a tape hang on to it for a week or so and give it a good listen then pass it along to the next person in line till you get your tape back. It gives you the recorder a way to share some music that maybe the listener has not heard before. As the listener you may get turned on to some new music. This also gives you a chance to hear the difference in recording qualities of different machines. This should be fun and not taken to seriously. There really is no investment other than the cost to mail the tapes down the line which with media mail is pretty darn cheap.

Wardsweb started a reel swap; I would like to propose a cassette tape swap. Once the group is formed I will put together a list of participants. I will work up a swap list so that you will not be mailing the tapes to the same person all the time but so that all the tapes will cycle through the group one at a time until your tape comes back to you.

I would like to suggest that the tapes have a theme with artwork for the cover (you can make this as simple or complex as you like). The tapes should also include the equipment used to record along with any settings.

Good idea for some shared tunes between us.
I'll make this a sticky Spartanmanor :thmbsp:

I'm new but i might be into it to. I don't have any fancy equiptment but what i have does work (at times) I'm with "DUALHEAD", I'm not sure i know how it works.

Back
Top Bottom