How about an AK Prospect?

yungin's-dad

Last of the Baby Boomers
I went to the LA area today to pick up a pair of Klipsch Forte II's. I arrived at the house, and was met by Todd, who was a gracious host. He invited myself and yungin in. We walk in and are immediately awe struck with Todd's gear. We're talkin' TOTL everything! He has set up his living room with many different systems, (he says for A/B comparissons), I think he had four different amps, six pairs of speak's, and a whole slew of sources. He had a Brystom set up for karaoke. :yikes: We did not get to see the master bedroom, but he had a severe amountof gear there and also his garage. Todd is insane with his gear, I envy him. I will try to recall most of what I saw.

Speakers:

Norh 9.0's, I believe
Dynaudio floor standers
Dynaudio surrounds (stacked)
NHT's floor standers (in the back as surrounds)
NHT's surrounds wall mounted
NHT Super Zero's sitting off to the side (idle)

Amps:

A huge Nakamichi Stasis Power Amp 200wpc
Huge Sony N80ES 200wpc
Bryston 60wpc Karaoke
Bryston 5 channel amp

He had a bunch of stuff I can't remember, but I can say I walked out of there with a pair of Klipsch Forte II's, and a pair of Magnepan 3's, but the woof's seem to need work. I got all that plus he gave Shawn a pair of Technics SBF-2's that go with our Micro gear. It all set me back $400, I've had a pretty good week-end, I mean it's not $50 GW finds, but I'm happy as hell with what I got, to include the Vandersteen 2C's.

I hope Todd will find his way here, I wil send him a link and coral him in here. He is a great dude, and would be an asset to AK. We got to kick it at Todd's house for a couple hours listening to some really nice jazz, on some very high end gear, it was great!!

Ron

Back
Top Bottom