How about some back yard nature pictures?

Growing up in the Carolina foothills we had a spring fed fish pond in the yard.

In the summer dad would catch brim at daybreak and I fondly remember waking up to the sizzle of frying fish. In the south we like our fish with grits. Add scrambled eggs and a slice of fresh tomato and you've got a wonderful southern breakfast.

j41.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool pictures, indeed! :thumbsup:

This was in my backyard 2019-01-20, the night of the Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse:
n20wzKWb42o5QkbKzJJ4x7CJOMx7wXe4hLGZ595GVgKXupxF0-IsOIfXoJjzHyo86hROrp0TvfOJORYkT__BqzOfScPj8CZ8cIpPynj-pplyOGiMTeCghY_TlWybPlVk88679dRGxO4=w2400

MCYXH0K9SjNCcl2xQL16I-TZlE3E2GWpy57yb0P7J2cU2RWKRCmqb9uMAiayKyN-WefhIwzj-wCr3oWry5p6oAX8Q9En8VsnIUUYkAfijb5AaP1GKVuri0qBHFK4NEmiZ4jsHo9-37E=w2400

TMUX8mI3nDordr93yXPoKMrpE4lnhvYo5E4sCctmlBoVEyl6P_fqT1FnvlH8J1F2i6nfN6waVR0E-NyhZ41ojh6dSzEs0tuyQJC0qD3c3-_M6tIH3SsErnzWNOscl0s6il8QMg0qiGM=w2400

Here is a picture of my simpleton/clueless neighbor`s ~60ft. high dead pine tree that`s ~10ft inside our backyard property line !!
It`s quite capable of slamming into, his, or my yard w/antennas, wireless weather transmitting station, or house, and has been dead for close to three months !!
The whole family exist in some kind of zero situational awareness vacuum, I`ll explain..
Some years back he had 2 hardwood, but heathy trees blow over, and ended up on his phone/cable TV/ and electric drop, all converging to the same area of his house, and that in it`s self didn`t concern me at all, with the exception of there is an intermediate utility pole in my front yard (county easement)where the power drop feed from the drop transformer situated across the street feeds/ties to that pole, and then is spliced into a Y for feeding both his and my house electricity, and those two fallen still green hardwood trees where straining the combo power drop splice, thus without a doubt soon to fail and needlessly transferring my house over to my expensive LP gas consuming gen set until the power company could arrive and safely cut up the trees & remove them from the joint power line drop ..

Ok, I dislike the schmuck, so I had no intention of verbally advising him, or a member of his family,DSCN0186.JPG of this very visually apparent problem, and apparently un-noticed by all family members coming and going every day for a friggin week, until I decided that my clueless neighbors were totally unaware..
So I called the power company and advised them of the situation..
They showed up, while I was standing in my front yard, and the supervisor walked over to me, and I pointed to the two trees suspended by my neighbors utility drop`s and asked him tongue in cheek, if he thought the trees on the utility drops were a problem, and of course he concurred.
He then walked over to their house rang the doorbell to let them know the situation, and advise that the power company crew was going to have to disconnect all their drop wire to remove the trees..
He told me when he came back over to my yard, that the family was surprised and totally unaware of the situation !!

Yes, I know what I can do about mitigating my situation with the neighbor`s tree: Send him a certified letter advising him of his clueless mentality LIABILITY, with CC of same to my Insurance Co. Or give my attorney friend a $ 100.00 bucks to take care of the situation !! An attorney`s letterhead usually carries some weight with prompt response, when received !!

My late father had to do the same years ago with a neighbor`s dead tree threatening his(my father`s) property !!

Sorry I have no better, wild life backyard oriented picture/s to present here, however, though no pictures, I do feed a female squirrel almost everyday less than a foot from my sitting position on my back patio around 5:00PM daily..
Hey !! gives me a reason to indulge in a libation while interacting with a creature of nature, who has learned to trust me..

Hate Squirrel`s if their a problem for you folks, but my area`s one`s are non destructive, and a welcome break from technology while enjoying a drink, & a Winston cigarette or two for 45 minutes, weather permitting !!

Back
Top Bottom