How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

Yamaha A-S500, Klipsch Forte.

I can feel the excitement in the room at this revelation <yawn>.

Okay, it isn't exciting to read about - no glass, no vintage sand - just a current-era midline integrated... but it sure does sound great.

[Most of you are familiar with the A-S line-up, and realize how charitable was my calling the A-S500 a midline model because the line goes up so far, and there is only one model below the 500 (and it would likely be adequate for this application, too). Actually, it is nice to see so many models of integrated amps from Yamaha in the current, mostly multi-channel market.]

Last edited:
Arcam AVR300 powering RF-7/RC-7/RS-7/RSW12 in a 5.1 ensemble with the mains biamped using channels 6/7

Last edited:
I've been using Dynaco ST70, Marantz 2270, Fisher 500C, Mcintosh 240, Welborne Labs DRD 45, Cary CAD-45SE to drive the original 1989 Klipschorns and Volti-Klipschorns. 2270 is my least favorite once. I haven't try any other solid state amps, but I guessed Klipsch works better with tubes. My daily drive are the 45 amps, they don't have heavy bass like MC240, but over all, they sound better to my ears.

Adcom gfa5800 with Parasound p5. I put together the Klipsch Chorus with those for all under $2000. I don’t know how great that is but it has been worth it no doubt. Lamp off when Booooooming C184A3EB-1985-409D-B709-2A8F36A7391D.jpeg

Adcom gfa5800 with Parasound p5. I put together the Klipsch Chorus with those for all under $2000. I don’t know how great that is but it has been worth it no doubt. Lamp off when Booooooming View attachment 1353803
Adcom gfa5800 with Parasound p5. I put together the Klipsch Chorus with those for all under $2000. I don’t know how great that is but
Adcom gfa5800 with Parasound p5. I put together the Klipsch Chorus with those for all under $2000. I don’t know how great that is but it has been worth it no doubt. Lamp off when Booooooming View attachment 1353803

Better speaker position

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 32
Thr Realistic just made it to my door. What a sight as I haven't seen it in over a year. It's got one tough competition below it. Anxious to hear how it sounds against the Marantz and Sony str 7045. I forgot how heavy it was.

Attachments

• IMG_20190105_111710567.jpg
    IMG_20190105_111710567.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 41
I am driving my Heresy III with a pair of Quicksilver Mid Mono amps. They can take just about any common output tube. I am using a pair of Gold Lion KT66 in each, along with NOS RCA 12ax7 input and NOS Reflector driver tubes. Those Heresy sound big and bad with only 40 watts...

I've used several amps. Both tube and SS. Right now I'm using 150wpc class D monoblox. (Khorns) In a DAC sys and super hi res files from my computer. No preamp. Only volume on the DAC and the Jriver program. A true HiRes file is unbelievable. I'm hearing squeaks of strings and breaths of voices.

Pioneer SA-9100 fully serviced and recapped pushing a pair of KG 3.5's.

1IsJmE5h.jpg

Last edited:
I have heard that Khorns sound great with a tube amp. So I went with an Mc225 and SS C33 pre. I have added and SOTA and an Mp100 to the analog system and I am in heaven. View attachment 1388339

Those speakers can ever be powered by the C33's monitor amplifier without the need of external power amplifier if you wanted. It's rated at 20 wpc but in the classic McIntosh tradition, this is a conservative rating. It also has PG circuitry which prevents clipping - not that that is likely to be an issue with 100+ dB speakers.

Something to keep in mind if the MC225 ever needs to go out for service.

Back
Top Bottom