How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

If I went with a tube amp ( exclusively for music listening ) how would I hook it up to my speaker set up and still have my surround sound ability? Will the tube amp hook up to my Denon A/V receiver? If so , what tube amp would you all recommend? I would LOVE to hear what my KG4'S , Klipsch KSW-12 Subwoofer would sound like.
If you put tube amps on anything but a 2.0 system, we come by and rip your Man-card.

Also , I would love to hear what my vinyl would sound like , playing on my Technics SL-D303 Direct Drive TT ( purchased brand new in 1981 and is in pristine condition ) with an Audio Technica VM 740 ML Cartridge that I just purchased.

What a coincidence. Steve Martin discusses exactly what this would sound like when he was describing his "googlephonic stereo with the moonrock needle."

Google that beauty. Boy, that guy sure is ahead of his time.

Last edited:
https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/profile/13639-born2rocku/&tab=field_core_pfield_14

- (3) Carver ZR1600 Amps 1200w MONO BLOCKS http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=5483.0
- (4) Carver ZR1000 Amps 700w MONO BLOCKS

5ac25c8b6f2e8_00001March2018-System-AMPs.JPG.0bea333d3c3d84bd1716e89753c86166.JPG

My Cornscala D's have to put up with a variety of really bad amps. McIntosh 225, 45 SET, Magnavox 196, Packard Bell DP-30, Western Electric 124B.

I've been using a big Coda amp 200/400, class A for the first 15 watts and a variable gain pre with my Quartets. Great sound, especially with zero gain. I just put in a Musical Paradise SEP, 6.5 wtts x2. There is something special in the soundstage , I'm not sure exactly maybe more dimensional. The bass is not as solid or deep. I'm really enjoying it though.

Been fiddling with amps lately so right now if I want the LaScala's to holla, I run them through a Crown XLS 1502. If I'm into analog, I go with my Nobsound 6P1 Class A single ender. The Heresy's get fed by a Pioneer AV receiver.

View attachment 1186122 View attachment 1186122
I personally am using the Denon AVR 3300 A/V Receiver and it works superbly for music listening and provides a phenomenal movie watching / listening experience in Dolby Digital , DDSC Digital and DTS Digital Surround Sound decoding with superb precision.
I personally am using the Denon AVR 3300 A/V Receiver and it works superbly for music listening and provides a phenomenal movie watching / listening experience in Dolby Digital , DDSC Digital and DTS Digital Surround Sound decoding with superb precision.
View attachment 1186122

Pair of (new built!) Dynakit Mark IIIs, driven by a Sansui pre amp (overhauled).

Yeah my desk is a mess, yes that's a Hasselblad A12 mag on the left. 50mm is in the foreground. I used the 80mm and a flash for this shot...

Fisher in the background is just sitting there, need to do something with it some day...

Not shown: Speakers - RP-206

99520008.JPG

I just put in a Musical Paradise SEP, 6.5 wtts x2. There is something special in the soundstage , I'm not sure exactly maybe more dimensional. The bass is not as solid or deep. I'm really enjoying it though.

An MP 301 tube set came up on used classifieds locally recently. I like the concept, though if it's bass-shy, it's likely not for me. What speakers are you running it with, Fred?

An MP 301 tube set came up on used classifieds locally recently. I like the concept, though if it's bass-shy, it's likely not for me. What speakers are you running it with, Fred?
Hi Scooter, I'm running Quartets and actually the bass has improved since then. I guess the tubes have broken in. Although, the bass is better with my SS Coda amp, 200/400 watts. Overall I'm digging the MP. The mids are pretty special with the MP. It's probably all about synergy though. Speaker placement is crucial. My quartets are rated at 38hz 3db+/- I believe your Fortes are 32 hz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom