How are there now only 9 pages of New Posts each day? Used to be in the 30s

Does it work ? I got notified you quoted me, but nothing about a post to a watched thread and I did watch this thread. Hmm
I had to go to the Watched Threads link, then click on the thread I was watching. So yes, it does work but is a crude workaround if you post/follow several threads a day. Then when done, you have to select it and tell it to stop following.

Me, I'm riding the storm out. Have had many of the issues posted here, but I'm confident this will work itself out soon.

Me, I'm riding the storm out. Have had many of the issues posted here, but I'm confident this will work itself out soon.
I hear ya, and no doubt it eventually will be.

Again, I was just merely pointing out the differences between the "New Posts" now, which are more like "some fairly recent posts", and "new Post" on the old software which was really "here's what happened in your absence". Hopefully we can eventually have both, as they both have their purposes.

The OP works in the Software field and the one thing customers hate the most is the Removal of Good Functionality that they have built a Business process around. We constantly have to add New Functionality due to ever changing Pharma Regulations and sometimes features and functionality changes, not always for the better.

Obviously this is not a business to build a process around, but people who have been here for many years are used to things working a certain way. When the software gets upgraded, people expect new functionality as well as better working older functionality, not a complete change to how almost everything worked previously.

So all the OP was asking for is to see the same New Posts as he has been used to seeing for the last umpteen years. In today's Software writing, that query does not seem too difficult, certainly not if it was already working the code already exists.

The OP also tried navigating several other threads to find this tiny question in between a bunch of crying and whining responses. He gave up.
Agreed,,,,

It just alerted me of the above new post. Just had to click on alerts I had in the top right corner of the page and chose the correct alert from the drop down list, took me right here.

Beatnick, that is because I quoted you, this one won't tell you I responded unless you are following it.

Im watching it and getting alerts. Im thinking you might only get one alert, quote alert or watched thread alert ?

Just found this. If you go into your preferences, hover over your screen name on the top right and click preferences. You can turn on to automatically watch threads you start or post in and with the alerts for watched threads turned on the combination might do what you want automatically ?

preferences.JPG

watch.JPG

Cool, Thanks!

By the way, after your post, this thread found it's way onto the New Posts page 1 :)

Seems to be working, but only for posts I make after changing settings. No alerts for older posts already made. For example, already had posts in the goodwill thread, but didn't start getting new post alerts until I went there and posted again. It automatically changed that thread to a watched thread after my new post. Looks like you have to go to and unwatch each thread if you want to stop alerts on that specific thread.

Last edited:
As has been pointed out, AK is still under construction.

Meanwhile, if this has become a hardship for you, you might want to think about your life in general and why your life might have become so unravelled by the changes here.

Yeah, how DARE someone enjoy spending time in this little "club"?
Get a life, losers!

Quoted post is voted worst post of the day.

While this is true, this issue has been brought up and discussed an incredible number of times already. ...

Exactly the point. You claim it's been brought up and discussed an incredible number of times but every last one of these posts has scrolled off into the either before I was able to read a single one of them. I can't log on a dozen times a day like some apparently do and when I check in the evening only 9 pages, max, are left.

Yeah, how DARE someone enjoy spending time in this little "club"?
Get a life, losers!

Quoted post is voted worst post of the day.

Indeed! Let's all get worked up and upset over a temporary problem during a software upgrade. Morse code was much better! Bring back AOL!!!

I think this whole 'internet thing' is just a fad. Let's just shut it down and go back to newspapers with days old content and magazines that are printed once a month. I think I might go live in cave because I'm really scared of this new fangled technology. Use a dictionary to look up 'sarcasm'.

Let's take a breath, and let the volunteer staff work through the upgrade. This problem has been noted several times before and is in the process of being fixed. Time, not complaining will solve this. We could have shut AK down until the Moderation and administration staff was satisfied it all worked properly, but had confidence in our members to understand the complexities involved.
Regards,
Jim

Let's take a breath, and let the volunteer staff work through the upgrade. This problem has been noted several times before and is in the process of being fixed. Time, not complaining will solve this. We could have shut AK down until the Moderation and administration staff was satisfied it all worked properly, but had confidence in our members to understand the complexities involved.
Regards,
Jim
Thanks for the effort. I suspect that a simple comment that the flaw had been noted and could and would be fixed would have been sufficient. I don't see the posts as complaints so much as bringing a problem to the attention of those who are working their butts off to make the new format work the way it should. This is the first response I've seen acknowledging that the problem was on the radar of those in control. Thanks for that.

Any updates on this issue that may have been missed by not having enough pages of new posts to see such information as it passes by? :dunno:

Thanks!

I like this new format, but I'm still disappointed by the 10 page limit under the "new posts" search.

Back
Top Bottom