How are there now only 9 pages of New Posts each day? Used to be in the 30s

And I wish I had my pictures back too .
Yeah it does,,,,,,,,,,, I don't think they're gonna fix it, the busy bust upgrade crunch should be long over by now,,,,,,, starting to look like they just don't care what members want.

Yeah it does,,,,,,,,,,, I don't think they're gonna fix it, the busy bust upgrade crunch should be long over by now,,,,,,, starting to look like they just don't care what members want.

I'd tell you to send your comments to Luther, but he is busy, working with XenForo to writing/testing a script to recover the very pictures that we are currently not able to import. Other issues, like deletion/edit will involve a rebuild of member permissions, because those didn't import well, either. My attempts to correct them, without starting from scratch, failed. Let us not forget that this is not a trivial task, and Luther, like the rest of us, has a day job.

This has been stated previously.

Under the old format I hardly ever had more than 5 pages on the new post page. That also included the ones I had already looked at or commented on. Then late night around 11pm PST I might have one page or 4-5 post.

Now with this new format, it marks anything you have looked at or commented in as read and will not show on the "New Post" page until someone makes a new comment there. However I'll still get 10 new post pages when it refreshes. But it's not all really New Post as page 10 might have a post that's a day or so old. In other words we need actual post to get new post.

This thinking that a member can not be logged in for days on end and when they do come back everything that happened will be on a new post page is form the last visit is ludicrous. We are actually getting far more "New" (unread) content on the new post page than we ever did.

Under the old format I hardly ever had more than 5 pages on the new post page. That also included the ones I had already looked at or commented on. Then late night around 11pm PST I might have one page or 4-5 post.

Now with this new format, it marks anything you have looked at or commented in as read and will not show on the "New Post" page until someone makes a new comment there. However I'll still get 10 new post pages when it refreshes. But it's not all really New Post as page 10 might have a post that's a day or so old. In other words we need actual post to get new post.

This thinking that a member can not be logged in for days on end and when they do come back everything that happened will be on a new post page is form the last visit is ludicrous. We are actually getting far more "New" (unread) content on the new post page than we ever did.
We have links for New Posts,,,,, as well as recent posts.
To me,,,,,,,,, they mean different things,,,,,,,, and from the comments of many others in several threads I tend to think they are of the same opinion.

Hiya,

I think it goes without saying that Xenforo is not Vbulletin. But Vbulletin was not what it was when AK started using it.

If we could bottle up all the Vitrol displayed here over this upgrade and its issues and send it over to the Idiotic , Scumbug people who screwed up VBulletin that would be justice.

But many snipes either direct or indirect at the people running this place are miss-placed IMHO.

Everyone try and remember (Please Please Please)

That the site staff , administration and owners of this site have had it far worse with this whole saga than any issue we are complaining about.

They are by and large NOT compensated other than by our gratitude and loyalty.

Everyone again try and keep that in mind before typing.

They are human also and for some like myself.

They are Friends.

Frannie

We have links for New Posts,,,,, as well as recent posts.
Please do show us where you find "recent posts page".

Recent Activity is every movement and will not help anyone coming back two or three days later let alone hours. Unless you really interested in who "Liked" who, changed profile, posted on their media page.

Last edited:
Perhaps it would help if there was a sticky with a list of SITE issues, and issues that are resolved could be checked off?

One could check the sticky to see if it an issue had already been reported.

Please do show us where you find "recent posts page".

Recent Activity is every movement and will not help anyone coming back two or three days later let alone hours. Unless you really interested in who "Liked" who, changed profile, posted on their media page.
On any page of new posts the link to recent posts is located just above the "last message" column heading.

On any page of new posts the link to recent posts is located just above the "last message" column heading.
That is the same page! poster for poster & title for title the same as resent post first page. If your deeper in the pages it's like a refresh button for that page because there is always a new post being added on page one.

That is the same page! poster for poster & title for title the same as resent post first page. If your deeper in the pages it's like a refresh button for that page because there is always a new post being added on page one.
You've got it.

Back
Top Bottom