How can I bring back my "Punk Rocks"?

MannyE

Exterminate!
i have two of those "Punk Rocks" outdoor speakers, and one of them got the wrong end of a weed whacker pushed against it.

The "grill" was destroyed and the speaker itself seems to have been pushed back into the case.

Anyone know of a home-made recipe for re-building the grill? Also, where can I get the speaker that goes in there?

After seeing how utterly simple the construction is, I can't believe they cost as much as they do! Kinda Bosian..if you get my drift.

I must admit, however, that they literally ROCK! Those puppies go loud and even have some bass! Remember this is outdoors now, where bass magically dissapears!

Well I can't say I have ever repaired a rock :)
Guess the lifetime warranty wont cover this one.
If the speaker driver itself has been damaged you will
probably need to go back to the manufacturer get the
parts. For what these things cost you can afford to
spend few bucks to put it back in shape.
Here's the company link. See if they can help with parts.

http://www.rockusticsinc.com/rockseries/rockseries.html

Thanks Carl!

Maybe now I can finally take my place in the history books as the guy who gave a name to overpriced electronics.

In fact... I see Bosian Pricing invading every type of consumer product these days, from shaving cream for 25 bucks for 8 ounces to dog treats that cost more than a sirloin steak!

Yes... mannye...the inventor of the phrase "Bosian"

My plan is working.... BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAaaaa (trails off, as I realize what I'm doing)

Originally posted by MannyE
Thanks Carl!

Maybe now I can finally take my place in the history books as the guy who gave a name to overpriced electronics.

In fact... I see Bosian Pricing invading every type of consumer product these days, from shaving cream for 25 bucks for 8 ounces to dog treats that cost more than a sirloin steak!

Yes... mannye...the inventor of the phrase "Bosian"

My plan is working.... BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAaaaa (trails off, as I realize what I'm doing)

Its like this... as long as your satisfied with it and the
price dosn't bother you then go for it. Although I thought
it was kind of @ss backwards that the "Econorock" model
was one of the most expensive in thier line.

Last edited:
Well, I AM satisfied with the Punk Rocks... I got them about 5 years ago and didn't pay anywhere near list price, so they were a great solution for outside audio, especially in my neck of the woods (Miami Beach), where the salt air went through 3 pairs of Minimus 7s (one of the greatest speaker bargains I've ever known..too bad they are no more)!

Hey Dingus Boy! Nice to see fellow Bottleheads! I've got the Foreplay and the Paramours. Soon will be building the Seduction to get the last pesky sand out of my system!

Bottlehead : A most unbosian line of products!

I first built a Foreplay and had been using it up until I got the big Sansui back and will probably reintegrate it again shortly. Fun Stuff.

I wasn't picking on your outdoor speakers but the bosian term is just to great to pass by!

Looking at my post... the caps make me seem sensitive..lol I was actually responding to glen who said "well, if you are statisfied with the...blah blah" In fact, the caps were unintentional as I just quickly responded.

If you look at the website the price of a pair of Punk Rocks is ridiculously high! I would never have paid 400 plus bucks for them, ( it was a long time ago, but I seem to remember 200 being the price I paid for the pair)

And when you look inside... it's a freaking paper mache shell (OK...it's not paper mache..but some paper mache-y composite) with a speaker wedged (WEDGED!!) into it and sealed with silicone that looks like it was applied by a drunken sailor!

At more than 400 for the pair...BOSIAN

No arguing with the sound, however...they sound great. Not 400 bucks great, but at 200 for the pair. and the fact that they are all but invisible...worth it!

Those look really nice! I'll bet they are a better value than the Rockustics speakers.

I wonder if they are just as tough as them as well.

If I call Rockustics and find out my parts cost more than 80 bucks, I know what to do now.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom