• It's all good

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Bad call

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Find another solution

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

ClpshHrn

I know this is a question that gets asked a lot but I just want to make sure I don't screw anything up.

I am setting up a home theater system. I am using a JVC RX-903V as my main power source. This receiver is special because it has the choice of using two pairs of stereo speakers in the front with 150 watts per channel.

My main concern is that I want to place these fairly large speakers only 2 Inches or so apart. I wouldn't be too scared, but the speakers are Klipsch Klf-20s and beside them will be some Cerwin Vega D9s. Neither speakers are slouches in terms of size.

I just want to know how close they can be without something going wrong. I have tried to find an answer but this seems to be a special case.

Thanks for the feedback!

why 2 inches for the likes of a D9? you wouldn't hear separation, nor the stereo effect, and
why bother with anything other that tiny computer speakers.

and home theatre? where are the back speakers, the subwoofer?

sounds like you might like a pair of headphones.

why 2 inches for the likes of a D9? you wouldn't hear separation, nor the stereo effect, and
why bother with anything other that tiny computer speakers.

and home theatre? where are the back speakers, the subwoofer?

sounds like you might like a pair of headphones.

It will have 1Klf and 1 D9 2 Inches apart. And then about 6 feet over the other D9 and Klf. So each side will be putting out the same signal acting as one speaker. They are spaced far apart in terms of left and right.

I wouldn't do it - the sound will be whatever interaction the Klipsch and D9 allows and
cancels (for examples, the bass standing waves will be different unless you are 2 inches
from them.

I'd try each set alone, listen to a favorite track that has separation you can hear, understand
and remember. try the klipsch, then the D9s, then put them together.

if it were me. I'd use the D9 as left and right for their heavy metal presence. then parallel,
if your home theatre amp doesn't allow multiple sub woofers, the Klipsch. use the HT
AVR;s bass management to tune your room. and if you have others then use them for
the rears.

with the D9s you can use pass through and ROCK with them. meatloaf will thank you
your neighbors won't.

ever see Beveridges, Infinity IRS, Genesis from the past, and MBL/Magicos from right now?

floor to ceiling with sound stages that allow inter-galactic transportation at faster than
light speed.

the last thing people see is you being blown backwards from the sound, with your
hair peeling back and every piece of furniture falling into a man-made virtual black hole.

enjoy the music.

I inverted this top set, and they still look good :

View attachment 1097613

I think you are referencing a type of Galvanic reaction.... you know when two dissimilar speakers touch and oxidized comb filtering ensues ...

You get the WHOLE enchalada if you check my profile, it's been cropped by the site for the avatar.

That's my ladies favorite top, I think it looks good on her lol.

Back
Top Bottom