How Did You Find AK?

dfunghi

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I was just curious what most people did to find their way here?

I believe for me it was a few years ago searching for deox help and found the idiots guide. I remember sending $5 via PP and lurking for a long time. Membered up about a year or so later.

Since I do not run in the circles of folks you would find here (sadly) I was lucky to be looking for help using deoxit. I have since then found AK my favorite place to be. Have met acouple people in person and several on the web only all of whom are awesome people. Even the grouchy ;) one I consider an awesome find and am happy to know.

Even though I'm nowhere near being an audiophile, I'm an hardcore, passionate listener of music and have always loved a decent two-channel setup. I like to view system galleries, discuss music, and at least observe trends in the home audio industry and for some strange reason, this site kept popping up over and over via Google searches. I got tired of lurking and after several months, I joined in January 2016.

I'd been lurking for awhile before I joined about ten years ago. And, I've enjoyed every one of them. Been to a few meets ("Twangfest") and have met several dozen wonderful people there. It's always a "blast" on here and it would take a lot to pull me away from it.

I was searching the Internet for information on replacing some speaker surrounds, and I found that and much more.

I was doing some research on some rp-302s that I came across. This wonderful site came up and was hooked since then. I really like the atmosphere here. Everyone is very helpful.

I repeatedly ended up here trying to find opinions on various vintage gear. Everyone here seemed so helpful that I caved and made an account (I rarely bother), and now I find myself on here more and more. Hopefully I'll be able to eventually pass along the favors of all the folks who have helped me so far!

Searching and or researching on google, just like most of us. Was reading a thread and just had to respond to BlueSky's comment so I signed up. However then I didn't come back for a few months or another search, then signed in and you all are having a hell of a time getting rid of me. I'd post my first comment but after 20,000+, I don't know if I'll ever find it again.

I really dont remember. Think it was a google search. Yeah thats it, that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Regards
Mister Pig

The Google Machine -- I googled one of my sets of speakers and the only place that had ever heard of them was AK.

Found AK while googling "audio forums"
13,289 posts in a year and few months! That is some incredible outpouring. Well liked too with nearly 10K likes. And likes are a relatively new feature here if I remember correctly.

All of this thread shows such a deep admiration and dare I say love for what Dave (and others?) built here. This is truly the nicest block in the neighborhood known as "the web".

Around the time I was getting back into audio after a long hiatus, I googled "audio forum" and saw the Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear thread and thought this place seemed fun. Other sites seemed a bit too serious, humourless and intense.

Back
Top Bottom