How do i connect a subwoofer to MA-5200? And subwoofer recs?

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by samhill1981, Feb 9, 2018.

1. samhill1981

samhill1981 Member

I feel like this is a stupid question, but i'm unsure of how to connect a sub to this model without a subout. Please feel free to explain this to me as if i'm a child.

I'm also wondering what sub recommendations you all might have in the less than $750 category?

My setup:
    Klipsch KG-4s
    Bluesound Node 2

Please register to disable this ad.

2. dj7675

dj7675 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I had a similar question when I purchased an MA7900. I posted a question here but didn’t get a response, so I emailed McIntosh and they provided me a very nice explanation. See this thread:

Basically, us a minidsp or similar with the preouts/input loop or use output to to the sub.
    A third option is to use speaker level high output to the sub and run speaker wire to your left/right speakers.
    I am probably in the minority, but I wish they would put a sub out on their integrated amps with ability to set crossovers and slope (12/18/24).
  3. jayvis

jayvis Well-Known Member

I recommend looking at REL subs. They're designed to be used in 2-channel as well as multi-channel applications and could be easily hooked up to your MA5200's right & left speaker terminals.