How do the 200g and 180g Vinyls sound?

styler said:
and you know they do this how? didnt see anything in their behind the scenes about what your describing nor were there any photos... having something computer controlled does not necessarily make it digitized.

ps: i like to argue, no offense or insult intended
Sorry for the really long delay. I access the internet from work, and sometimes I have to do work instead of read AK.

How do I know this? I was very much into buying music back then and I kept my eyes and ears open to news from the music industry. Really, I thought the advent of the auto-lathe and how it worked was big news. From this thread, I now think otherwise.

The lathe has a variable pitch to obtain a good compromise of recording time and signal level. And, the lathe must change its pitch in anticipation of what is to be recorded in a few seconds. The only way for electronics to know what will happen in the future is to delay the present. I don't know of any analog circuits that can delay a signal for a few seconds without significant loss. Thus, digital delay lines are used.

As others have pointed out, this whole digital/analog thing really doesn't matter. I was just responding to the original poster's comments about how could vinyl be digital.

When I re-read what I wrote earlier, I think something could be taken wrong. I didn't mean to imply that Classic Record's auto-lathe is poor. I meant to say that the delay lines used in the early 80s were of poor quality when compared to today's digital. I'm sure the digital path at Classic Records is at least as good as CD quality.

Back
Top Bottom