How do you bid a fixed amount?

Was there a reserve on it? The seller may have told the buyer how much his reserve was.

If there was a reserve, he may have bid higher than the $785 but it only shows the dollar amount of the reserve.

Hello there, rgrgit8:

In case you werent aware of it, this auction was listed before, however, the Seller had wanted a much higher price for it. In fact, if I recall correctly, he had it listed twice before. (The auctions are somwhere in my Email Inbox, so I could go and check back there if need be- which reminds me that its time to sort thru and organize my email messages which have been accumulating again and when that happens, it makes it more difficult to locate things- such as locating the previous BA-5K auctions). Another way is to check the Completed Autions section on Ebay for Sansui BA.

Anyway, it seems to me that the other person had wanted this item and was willing to pay even more than the $785- because if you check the bid history, you'll notice he placed his bid right at the end, which indicates his fear of being outbid by someone else in the closing minute. The Reserve was set by the Seller at $785. The other bidder couldve placed a bid of say, $900 on it. But since no one else bid except you, and you placed a bid that was lower than the reserve, the other guy won the amp for $785- the reserve price. Had a 3rd person put in a bid of $825 for example, then the guy who won the amp with his bid of $900 wouldve had to then pay $826 for it, understand now?

And I'd like to add that acquiring a BA-5000 for only $785 is a damn good deal. True, the exterior as shown in the photos isnt in the greatest condition, and the speaker posts in the back were also replaced, however, this is a BA-5000 we're talking about here. If there's ANY Sansui model thats in a league of its own , its 'The Monster'.

The BA-5000 was built for heavy- duty use and I'm sure those that do turn up for sale nowadays will reflect some of that in its exterior condition- especially those that were owned by a Club/Disco and used in that environement (as opposed to a home owner having one and who would most likely possess the basic intelligence to keep an amplifier of this caliber in exquisite condition).

Going back to what I mentioned before, $785 for a BA-5000 is a relative bargain when you consider something like a Pioneer SX-1980 sells on Ebay in the $1000-1300 range. And thats a Receiver, not 108 pounds of just a power amp alone like the bA-5000 is.

Also: I'm sure you're aware, rgrgit8, that Shipping this HEAVY amp to Korea where you are would've been rather expensive. I recall that you mentioned having relatives here in The States, so in that case, I assume you probably wouldve worked out an arrangement with them.

Regards, B/F.

Oh, it I'd really wanted it I would have bid realistically, at least 850. I was just screwing around.
But I have bid against myself before to try find the reserve price. This is what had me confused. Apparently I'm just too damned cheap.

Yeah, shipping sucks.

Back
Top Bottom