how does UPS even accept crap packed like this ?

gentlejax

Just received while I was out a c65 yamaha preamp. bouncing around in the box before I ever opened it only to find the door was broken off the pre. I cant understand how they even accepted it because it was garanteed to be destroyed. I am so sick of idiots. now I have to wait for 2 weeks for my money back after they reply.

Blame the seller,they didn' care. UPS packages are placed on 20 foot conveyor belts then dropped into bins. I bet the seller didn' even write fragile or handle with care on the box.
Make sure you leave negative feedback

Last edited:
In this case it's really not UPS's fault, it's the idiot who packed it that way. That being said, I personally consider UPS's initials to stand for UnitedParcelSmashers. :mad:

I also blame the idiot packing job, anyone with common sense would know to package well and wrap good in bubble wrap then surround with foam block or some packing material. I would be pissed

I know its the idiots packers fault but why does it make me mad at ups too?

Well because they know it didnt meet the requirements. Im sure this moron didnt insure but oh well claim has been filed and he will be lucky to not get a negative.

I used to tell people to pack it well but didnt this time.

It was like an egg in a shoebox..with some kleenex thrown in...

Totally ridiculous.

Last edited:
Brings back memories of the first turntable I bought off e-bay. Big, heavy Sony, beautiful....Thrown in a box with some peanuts...sad

There is no cure for stupid and it ceases to amaze me the lack of common sense out there

^ I couldn't agree more.

At the Fedex office where I drop off packages to be shipped they always ask before they except it if it has been packaged securely. At least they're taking a somewhat proactive approach.

^ I couldn't agree more.

At the Fedex office where I drop off packages to be shipped they always ask before they except it if it has been packaged securely. At least they're taking a somewhat proactive approach.

thats what I mean here. if I were accepting that box I got I would have questioned what was in it and told them it wasnt going to make it undamaged.

in todays world I know its too much to expect. so the idiot is going to get a harsh feedback to save the next guy the headache. I am sure the seller is going to tell me his wife did it or some crap.

i feel you pain this is how my 9090db was shipped had about 4 more pieces damaged from lousy packing too.

20151014_180444.jpg 20151014_180537.jpg

I got a 240V window A/C unit (very heavy) delivered yesterday via UPS and the delivery driver didn't have a dolly so his solution? Literally roll the box up to my door. Smashing it all over the place as it made its way to my door.

I just checked his other auctions. dude has some seriously nice stuff that i could never buy..so I dont think he packed it and I dont think he will want it back. so if it works it will probably be for sale cheap in future. if the guy sells the things he has listed he wont feel like wasting time taking back this yamaha ..not with the other things he has for sale.

UPS has it's challenges but we can prepare. The UPS stores are not part of the company and they make a business out of packaging items. They only will guarantee what they package and may make the sender sign a waiver on damage caused by UPS shipping.
Sending anything is a crap shoot.
Sent a teak coffee table I had redone. Hours of finish work and I was not going to allow damage to the buyer 2000 miles away. Spent a day thinking about it and two plus days packaging it up and when I took it in the gal says zero guarantee against damage and, that it would not make it undamaged. She was wrong.

I know its the idiots packers fault but why does it make me mad at ups too?

Well because they know it didnt meet the requirements. Im sure this moron didnt insure but oh well claim has been filed and he will be lucky to not get a negative.

I used to tell people to pack it well but didnt this time.

It was like an egg in a shoebox..with some kleenex thrown in...

Totally ridiculous.

Not sure about UPS, but my FedEx/Kinko store will not insure a package unless they check the item & packaging. Probably saves them in claims.

For a while, I was taking my boxes there unsealed so they could look.

Yes it is sad but I like Ebays policy for this type of thing-I never lost a case! I would much rather received my items undamaged by cheapskate sellars!

Thats thing i dont get. Ebay almost certainly going to side with buyer over damaged claim so why people take that chance is beyond me.

Lately ive had to file too many “not received as described” claims because damaged crap due to poor shipping.

Or not received at all. I feel like im a small loan business interests free

Back
Top Bottom