How far down the rabbit hole?

cyclepath

Been awhile since I've been on here so I wanted to get some feedback on a couple things. I have upgraded my denon dvd-2910 with a denon dvd-3910. Wow, what a difference in sound quality. This is run through my denon avr-3805 receiver with cv-s1 speakers. After this monumental treat I read that the denon dvd-5910 is a major step up from the dvd-3910. So, my dilemma is this. How far down the rabbit hole should I go?
Will I see a major improvement just getting the 5910 or would I need a new receiver to get the most out of the player? I've been extremely happy with the upgrade I've made but now I'm not sure whether to just be satisfied with what I have (knowing there is something else out there) or bite the bullet and upgrade. Help me!

"How far down the rabbit hole?"

Man, not a day goes by that I don't ask myself that question. Good luck coming up with a satisfactory answer.

The DVD-5910 is a beast! I think the AVR-3805 & CV-S1's are good enough so you could appreciate the 5910.

In my experience, "major improvements", especially with digital, are usually a bit overhyped. I'm with Frank, try a separate DAC next — you can get good ones these days for not much cost, 30-day money-back home trial. Just be sure to use a proper digital interconnect from the transport, it really makes a "major" difference.

A friend of mine owned a high-end shop. "Are you happy with your current system?" he asked me. I answered Yes. "Then stop coming to the store."

Back
Top Bottom