How hard is it to repair the polydome on infinity kappa 8?

I just noticed that! what a hack job. But, for the cabinets and the emit tweeters, is this still a deal, or no?

I just noticed that! what a hack job. But, for the cabinets and the emit tweeters, is this still a deal, or no?
Yes. You will need to invest some money to buy woofers and repair the Polydomes, but these look to be in very fine condition cosmetically, so at the asking price these are a very good buy. You'll need to haunt eBay for woofers, but Bill LeGall at Miller Sound (http://www.millersound.net/) can repair the Polydomes.

Probably. Ask about the original woofers. I love that he says "no problems no repairs" then he's got Infinity subs in them.....

Allocate at least $400 for the polydome repair and replacement woofers. IMO this isn't a great deal unless those Infinity subwoofers have value to you.

Might maybe on a good day be worth the ask for the EMITs and Polygraphs.
Woofers really should be replaced with OEM models so add around $200 or more for those.
Add another $50 if you need to do a refoam on those woofers or $100 (or more)for a pro job since buying a pair off ebay is probably 50/50 they will need refoaming.
Polydomes can be repaired by MillerSound, add $150-$200 for that....
now you're close to the investment a good clean working pair would cost.
So if you want to spend the time and money finding the correct woofers and getting the polydomes shipped and fixed...since the ones you linked to I assume are local and no shipping cost would be added.

Oh, and while not the amp killers the Kappa 9's are, you still may want to power them with a source that has a decent amount of power and current if you don't already have something add more $$ for that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom