How Hot Is It?

It's been hot and humid here.....but honestly I don't think it's any worse than normal for this time of year. And it has been hotter in recent years. July and August are normally hot and humid in piedmont SC. The main problem is that it's also a dry time of year and that seems to getting worse. We can go for weeks without measurable precip and it's taking it's toll.

It's been hot and humid here.....but honestly I don't think it's any worse than normal for this time of year. And it has been hotter in recent years. July and August are normally hot and humid in piedmont SC. The main problem is that it's also a dry time of year and that seems to getting worse. We can go for weeks without measurable precip and it's taking it's toll.

At least y'all get a breeze in upstate.

It's only 99 right now at 6 pm. Sitting on the patio watching the dragonflies with the ceiling fan making a nice breeze.

Humidity is only 31 percent right now, that will be back up to the 70 percent range by morning then down again tomorrow evening.

columbia_sc_famously_hot_t_shirt-r5efded3d66d849cfbd045852d7c518c4_k2gr0_307.jpg

I took a drive out through the wild lands of northern San Diego County yesterday with my wife. That major heat blast killed off a lot of natives, or, at least severely burned them. The Live Oaks outer layer of leaves got all, well, bleached looking; or with a whitish dead leaf layer over them; blanched by excessive heat. This is looking like a major fire season ahead later this summer, and fall..

I visited Phoenix a few times in summer. All I heard was "it's a dry heat". I call BS on that.Anything over 100 is just damn HOT. The motel had a beautiful pool waterfall palm trees all that. It stayed empty until about 6PM or so. Place felt like a blast furnace in the mildest breeze.
I did like the restaurants though:beerchug:

Heat? What heat? Just had a three ton compressor flown onto my roof and a brand new Lennox furnace installed today. Yippee yai yo kaiyayyyyy!

I visited Phoenix a few times in summer. All I heard was "it's a dry heat". I call BS on that.Anything over 100 is just damn HOT. The motel had a beautiful pool waterfall palm trees all that. It stayed empty until about 6PM or so. Place felt like a blast furnace in the mildest breeze.
I did like the restaurants though:beerchug:
Yup,been there in the summer a few times on my motorcycle. Stayed with friends in Mesa once who had a nice house with a pool,didn't use the pool 'till after dark!

dry heat vs humid heat

I'd take 110 degrees in Palm Desert with low humidity vs 100 degrees in S.C. with high humidity

dry heat vs humid heat

I'd take 110 degrees in Palm Desert with low humidity vs 100 degrees in S.C. with high humidity

Totally.
Some years ago we took a vacation in Big Bend National Park [desert] during August.
It was 108 the day we left, well over a 100+ every day we were there, and it was just fine.
Got back home [sub-tropical climate] where it was 112 with 90% humidity.
If I'd had more time off, I would've just turned around and gone back.

Some speak of what they do not know.

Back
Top Bottom