How Hot Is It?

I have sort of a nasty headache going today, and have been inside, and, mostly near comatose, just trying to get through-it.
Suddenly, there is a sound of a helicopter flying over really low and slow, and sounding labored.
DSCN5172.jpg DSCN5171.jpg

Cal-Fire Spotter Planes (next two images)
DSCN5173.jpg DSCN5174.jpg

Going back for more water,...
DSCN5175.jpg

So, this is the second time this week that I've been below a water dropper. Its looking to be a serious fire season this year.

And, adding these,...
They called in the DC10 Air Tanker to drop retardant in mile long lines:

DSCN5176.jpg DSCN5177.jpg

Last edited:
German Government just decided to support the German farmers with more than a billion Euros.

Grape harvest started over here yesterday - on July!!!

Flirting with100F here (Central Vancouver Island) for about the sixth straight day. To top that off, I have a nasty flu which is causing me to sweat even more than usual, and I don't even have the strength to wander down to the lake and throw myself in. Oh well, at least there are no fires in the immediate vicinity (knocks on very dry wood).

It's so hot that I actually keep dreaming about going swimming, only to wake up with the disappointing realization that it was just another fever dream.
Only time I ever had a fever like your describing in the summer it turned out to be tonsillitis.Are yours still with you?if so...…..

Only time I ever had a fever like your describing in the summer it turned out to be tonsillitis.Are yours still with you?if so...…..
Thanks for your concern. Still got the tonsils, but oddly enough I haven't had much in the way of a sore throat. Go figure.

Just across San Francisco Bay from the Golden Gate we're sweltering in the mid-70's! And the only AC we have is to open the windows and let the gentle breeze waft through. Not sure how much more we can take!

I am a lifelong California resident. No, I am not a tree hugger and I won't tell you my politcal leaning. However, this year is the worst I have ever seen for plants getting sun burn. I've never seen so many browned out plants in my neighborhood.

Back down in the mid-70s, maybe 60 at night for a few days. Very refreshing, but the (desperately required) rain that was forecast isn't going to show.

The German Forestry Office is calling this Summer a catastrophe without parallel. All of the half billion young trees that have been planted in Spring are destroyed.

Here in the mid-Atlantic we've been rained on every day for coming up on two weeks. Still in the 80's but 100 percent humidity. We've got all the rain we usually get in a good year already. Lynchburg, VA dam may give way and flood the town.

Here in the mid-Atlantic we've been rained on every day for coming up on two weeks. Still in the 80's but 100 percent humidity. We've got all the rain we usually get in a good year already. Lynchburg, VA dam may give way and flood the town.
Wish we could swap with you for a couple of weeks.

It will be very hot and dry in the next about two weeks over here - since the Black Forest had been extremely damaged in 2018 due to an eight months lasting drought in 2018, a lot of the conifers will dry out in the next weeks.

One day in the near future the Black Forest will turn into a Brown Forest, and the only erect objects will be the wind turbines...

I am so grateful that most of my life is over.

I nearly hit 'like' for ^^this^^ sincere post, and although I am very much tuned in with the sentiment, I can't 'like' any part of such prophecies. :(

Last edited:
Don't know why there's no sun up in the sky stormy weather :music:

The National Weather Service just issued a severe storm warning for the area. (8:30 PM). I checked Accuweather and it seems a big ol' slug of storm coming. Hopefully it'll knock down the heat & humidity some. It got up to 100 here today.

Back
Top Bottom