How many ESS AMT 3s can you fit into the bed of a Tacoma?

Love the work space. All I have is my overflowing, unheated garage and with temps hovering around 0F there's not much going on in there but nightly truck parking. Just enough space in a two car to back in my E250. Yes it IS a white van and the irony never escapes me whenever I happen to be hauling speakers.

Hey man,

No love with the Rick Cobb surrounds. Wow, that'll sure suck the inspiration right out. Well, if you're going to blow some if your time on something, at least the ADS and AR's are worth it. Man, they look beautiful.

Biggles

Love the work space. All I have is my overflowing, unheated garage and with temps hovering around 0F there's not much going on in there but nightly truck parking. Just enough space in a two car to back in my E250. Yes it IS a white van and the irony never escapes me whenever I happen to be hauling speakers.
That's one big advantage to living in the Bay Area, even without direct heat space is comfortable in winter. If money were no object I'd install under deck hydronic. Hmm...I do have a spare Takagi TK3.

Why no heat in the garage?

Ordered Midwest AMT 3 kit, should be here next week. Looking forward to giving the shim method a try. I got my first VC rub post refoam so I might be going over to that camp.

No love with the Rick Cobb surrounds.
Just didn't fit. Not his fault. Sent parts pack and he got me refunded. No problem.

They multiply overnight when we sleep! I have the same problem.
Like gremlins. It's my drug. Get all amped with the hunt then a come down and realization.

Forward progress, excellent! I'm nearly able to almost be able to start work on my Hafler XL-280 and see if I can get it back up and working, properly. Who will finish first?

Biggles

Forward progress, excellent! I'm nearly able to almost be able to start work on my Hafler XL-280 and see if I can get it back up and working, properly. Who will finish first?

Biggles
Damn dude hopefully you. Been singing the broken amp blues for too long!

How about a collective AK good vibe sending to Biggles for Hafler success.

Love this thread. I never had the opportunity to own the Rock Monitors. I owned a pair of AMT-1 Towers (transmission line enclosure) back in college (1070s). A few years later a co-worker "borrowed" them for a party and never returned them.

I recently rehabbed a pair of AMT-1 Towers, which is a 2-way design. I replaced the AMT diaphragms, re-foamed the woofers, removed some stuffing and bi-amped them with a used Behringer electronic crossover. I am now a believer in electronic crossovers.

I paired them with a 15" sub-woofer and they proudly perform in my Man Cave. Just awesome.

BTW I believe the AMT Heil drivers are 4 Ohms.

If you require a solid high power amplifier, look into the Crown XLS Series. I am very satisfied with the XLS 2500 feeding the woofers. The Heils are fed by a vintage Carver TFM-6cb.

That's one big advantage to living in the Bay Area, even without direct heat space is comfortable in winter. If money were no object I'd install under deck hydronic. Hmm...I do have a spare Takagi TK3.

Why no heat in the garage?

I don't set up shop very often in the garage but I've got space heaters if needed. Single digit shop work is emergency basis only. Mostly it's just storage for my tools. My van is my shop. My small work area in the utility room works but is kinda small for speaker work.

Love this thread. I never had the opportunity to own the Rock Monitors. I owned a pair of AMT-1 Towers (transmission line enclosure) back in college (1070s). A few years later a co-worker "borrowed" them for a party and never returned them.

I recently rehabbed a pair of AMT-1 Towers, which is a 2-way design. I replaced the AMT diaphragms, re-foamed the woofers, removed some stuffing and bi-amped them with a used Behringer electronic crossover. I am now a believer in electronic crossovers.

I paired them with a 15" sub-woofer and they proudly perform in my Man Cave. Just awesome.

BTW I believe the AMT Heil drivers are 4 Ohms.

If you require a solid high power amplifier, look into the Crown XLS Series. I am very satisfied with the XLS 2500 feeding the woofers. The Heils are fed by a vintage Carver TFM-6cb.

Very cool rework with the towers. Welcome to the thread.

MW foam kit arrived today. Fit looks good. New smaller dust cap, hmm...Cone will look sh*ty if I remove so maybe I won’t be shimming.
073EC479-26B2-406F-AEB8-5E02A9337A9B.jpeg

Still dragging my arse getting electronics ordered though. Fresh woofers + dead caps = :no:

The hell doesn't Amazon stock this stuff? They'd be ordered.

Still dragging my arse getting electronics ordered though. Fresh woofers + dead caps = :no:

Which, what caps are you requiring? I have a few stragglers laying about.

Biggles

I had to look back a few posts, but it appears that you have the crossovers with (2) 33uF and (2) 51.5uF caps each. Parts Express has what you need in both flavors (electrolytic and poly), although you'll have to parallel a few different values together to get 51.5uF.

I had to look back a few posts, but it appears that you have the crossovers with (2) 33uF and (2) 51.5uF caps each. Parts Express has what you need in both flavors (electrolytic and poly), although you'll have to parallel a few different values together to get 51.5uF.

Dang, don't have those, or a combination to make those.

Biggles

Yeah my point was Amazon (Prime) is easy. One item, one hundred, I don't have to think about it. All those small PE/Mouser orders add up.

Back
Top Bottom