Votes: 579 18.1%
  • 20 or less

Votes: 352 11.0%
  • more than 20

Votes: 845 26.4%

• Total voters

ProAc_Fan

Addicted Member
Okay gentleman just how many speakers are occupying space in your homes? We'll count individually to take in account center channels and mono speakers.

Mike

Last edited:
Hey mike

I think ya need to adjust the scale to go up to atleast 25 :D

1 pair JBL S312 (3-way)
1 pair B&W series 2000/4 (3-way)
2 pairs EV S40 monitors (2-way)
1 Kef Q-95 center
1 Yamaha 320 subwoofer

Maybe 1 pair JBL L40 monitors to come (if I win on eBay).

I use the EV's, Kef center and Yamaha sub for my HT (which is rarely used these days).

Using my newer S312's for my 2 ch setup.

B&W's out of action (one of the tweeters has blown - haven't gotten around to fixing yet).

Ditto on raising the bar. 25+

den - 8
master bed - 5
guest room 1 - 4
guest room 2 - 2
kithcen - 2
living room - 6
garage - 2

Cerwin Vega 1215MKII's
Altec Lansing Model 15's
EPI A10's
EPI A11's
Pioneer Quartet 70's
GE 10" 3 ways
Van Speakers
Accoustic Designs Center Channel
Accoustic Designs Surrounds

Phase Linear Andromeda III's
Acoustic Research AR-11's (1970's)
Acoustic Research AR-7's (1970's)
KLH Model 5's
KLH Model 17's

Audio Note AN-K
KEF 104ab
Celestion Ditton 15
Celestion Ditton 25 (for sale)
Mission 70
Infinity RS4000 (for sale)
Klipsch Heresy (most likely for sale)

Hope to keep it down to 4 pairs
:)
Jack

doh! If you had waited a couple weeks I may have fallen into the 10 or less category instead of the 5 or less!

I like this thread!

1 pair Dahlquist DQ-10s
2 pair Klipsch Cornwalls
6 pairs Magnepan MGI Improved
1 pair Tympani IIIB
4 pairs Magnepan MMG
2 pair Bose 901 (Thor, no matter how much grief you get about your CVs it pales in comparison to what you'd get if you admitted to owning Bose).
1 pair Apogee Mini Grand Subs
1 CV LW-15 Sub

and 8 or so pairs of 'mid-fi' bookshelves.... I've got these all stacked on racks against one wall and the visual effect is kinda funny.

and if I'm any kinda lucky at all....
I'll soon be picking up 1 pair Apogee Full Range (300 lb, 0.3 ohm, tri-ampable ribbons!)

maybe then I'll stop collecting speaks.

nah

eargo

ahhh hemmmmmm..... it's not just "gentlemen" around here any more ;)

I am addicted to ESL's. I just can't see myself ever going back to dynamic drivers.
I have 5 speakers currently.
I have one pair of Innersound ISIS and an Innersound proto type ribbon/transmission line speaker. The other two are my surrounds, and I am too embarrased to tell you what they are. They are next on my list to replace and will most likely get another pair of ISIS.

- angela

Angela,

My post was quite serious! Ive been reading audio forums for quite some time now, and must have either ignored, or glazed over mentions to the acronym and 'dynamic driver'...

thx 4 the links.

Hello angela,

I will admit that I've been ignoring ESLs for awhile now... part of that is I don't know if I want to 'start' with the vintage classic Quad or something new or DIY.

You mentioned a 'prototype' and I wasn't aware that InnerSound had one. What is it? You mentioned only one, is it a Center Channel?

eargo

Hi Eargo,

You need to check out ESL's ! I am telling you, the speed, the detail, the pressence - you just can't get that with dynamic drivers (too much stuff working against one another). IMHO :)

Roger has been working on new surround speaker design - Ribbon panels and his famous transmission line woofer.

I asked him to let me try this speaker but with the ribbon turned 90 degrees (on it's side) to allow me to use it as a center channel (lying sideways above the TV instead of standing vertically). So I became a beta tester and would give Roger my impressions and feedback on it's performance. SInce I have a projection TV, I was not worried about all the magnets that surround the ribbon tweeter. This is not his center channel design, but I just asked him to modify so that I could try it as that. The center channel that is under development uses cone tweeters, but a much cooler, faster design than most.
He is also working on some HUGE Refrigerator size (Let me hear a"tool man" snort here) sub woofer.

I don't know when he plans to release the new products, but I can tell you I have never dealt with such great service and sincere compassion for the music and the customer.

innersound.jpg

I auditioned Martin Logan Prodigy's and I am telling you for strong bass response and quickness, the ISIS beat them. And as far as price ($2500 vs $10,000), it made the choice even sweeter!
They have a big brother called EROS and these are very wonderful as well. My listening room is just not big enough for the EROS.

thanks for asking
- angela

Last edited:
Hi Angela - Nice to have a lady around here finally!

The ISIS's look very cool! I'll have to check into them a bit more.

Happy Listening!
mOOnie

Thanks for welcome, :butt2:

You will be amazed at these speakers. When the do come up for sale, you can usually pick them up between $1200-$1600.

Roger will also arrange a home demo loan as far as I remember.

angela

Back
Top Bottom