Votes: 861 26.9%
  • 15 or less

Votes: 579 18.1%
  • 20 or less

Votes: 352 11.0%
  • more than 20

Votes: 845 26.4%

• Total voters
Ha... I had a set of these many years ago, I actually thought they were pretty good back then, I used to drag those around with my amp, mixer, turntables, etc. to all the house parties I went to, I beat the crap out of them and they never blew up. LOL the crappy pioneer piezo tweeter that was in them was harsh as hell.

Hah, funny you mention that. I honestly don't think they are too bad for what they are, the cabinets are honestly the weakest part about them. However, I keep them around because they make a great speaker to test things with...because if they blow up...well...so be it.

Speaker and approx year aquired
Epi 100, 1980
Advent /3, 1992
Epi 120 series 3, 1993
Altec 19, 2014
ESS amt-1 tower, 2015
ESS amt-4, 2015
ESS fortura 10, 2015
Focal 826v, 2015
ADS L730, 2016
KEF 104/2, 2016
Rythmik F12. 2016

Reaching current saturation level.

KEF 104/2 (on their way...)
Klipsch Heresy
Klipsch Chorus II
Infinity RS5b
Infinity RS2 (new model, rear ported)
KLH 5
AR2a
Music Hall Marimba
NLA Bullnose
NLA Utility
JBL Studio Series Center Channel
JBL 10" 150-watt sub-woofer
JBL 12" 250-watt sub-woofer
Bose Cinemate Series I
EPI 1200 Frankenspeakers
Jensen xxxx (Digital Ready and everything...)

Couple pairs of junk Sony, Advents,

I own a decent amount of speakers, but not us much as some other people here. Here's my list, with 1 being the first speaker I ever got and the last speaker being my latest score. I will also post the price I got them for.

1: cheapo Panasonic SB-AK33 (pair) $7 from thrift
2: Knight (Allied Radio) KN-3009 (pair) $30 from GW
3: Mitsubishi M-SS5 (pair) $5 from GW
4: DB Plus 440 (pair) $15 from thrift
5: Cheapo KLH model 802, now being used as speaker stands. (pair) $25 from thrift
6: Sansui SP-30 (single, used to be a pair) $15 from thrift
7: Minimus 7 (pair) $5 from thrift
8: DLK Model 1 (pair) $35 from thrift
9: Tannoy PBM 6.5 (pair) $20 from thrift
10: Cheap Sony ss-u520 (pair) free from grandama along with rack system
11: psb "The Amazing Alpha" (pair) $8 from GW

My dad also has a few pairs of speakers as well;

1: Polk Atrium outdoor speakers (pair)
2: Tannoy Proto-J (pair)
3: Carvin PM5 (single)
4: Cheapo Logitech 2.0 computer speakers that he's currently using

To store all those speakers, we have a very tall cabinet in the garage. Of course, not all the speakers stay in the cabinet, I have my DB Plus', DLK's, Tannoys, and psb's in the house.

Hello, all! Just joined the forum today after lurking and reading off and on for a year or so.

Current speakers:

Living Room:
KEF XQ5
KEF XQ1
KEF XQ2C
KEF iQ8ds
KEF PSW3500

Bedroom:
KEF Q1
KEF Q9C
KEF Qcompact

Stored in a closet:
another KEF PSW3500
KEF Picoforte-1 iPod dock system (disappointing lol, but it was dirt-cheap on sale)

Gone but not forgotten:
KEF Q15 (given to my brother)
Vandersteen 2Ci (sold)

Yes, I am a KEF man lol :D First real speakers I ever heard were KEF Reference 107s in college.

Hello, all! Just joined the forum today after lurking and reading off and on for a year or so.

Current speakers:

Living Room:
KEF XQ5
KEF XQ1
KEF XQ2C
KEF iQ8ds
KEF PSW3500

Bedroom:
KEF Q1
KEF Q9C
KEF Qcompact

Stored in a closet:
another KEF PSW3500
KEF Picoforte-1 iPod dock system (disappointing lol, but it was dirt-cheap on sale)

Gone but not forgotten:
Vandersteen 2Ci (sold)

Yes, I am a KEF man lol :D First real speakers I ever heard were KEF Reference 107s in college.

Welcome. You should give KEF a listen, you might like their sound;)

Please note my lack of reading comprehension, trying harder to fit in:rflmao:

Current speakers:

Living Room:
KEF XQ5
KEF XQ1
KEF XQ2C
KEF iQ8ds
KEF PSW3500

Bedroom:
KEF Q1
KEF Q9C
KEF Qcompact

Stored in a closet:
another KEF PSW3500

Gone but not forgotten:
Vandersteen 2Ci (sold)

Why no Corellis?

Why no Corellis?
Everything I have, I purchased new, and Corellis were discontinued long before I even knew about KEF. It was in Autumn of 1987 that a college friend told me that I needed KEF speakers to do justice to my Leontyne Price recordings. She was right! :D (Although DCM TimeFrame 2000s were pretty nice as well, along with Apogee Divas as I discovered a few years later.)

Fair enough, but second-hand Corellis in good shape sound excellent. I think I have three pair. They use the same tweeter as the Rogers LS3/5A (of which I have one pair) but put out a bit more bass. Superior value for the money.

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. I know this is an old thread but for anyone that owns both BA t930 (or 830) and Klipsch KG4s, what you think of the two in comparison? I'm trying to decide on a new set for my NAD 3040 (pre) and Adcom gfa 535 combo. I have another set of BAs on there now which are good, but want something of the same era with more range. Thanks in advance.

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. I know this is an old thread but for anyone that owns both BA t930 (or 830) and Klipsch KG4s, what you think of the two in comparison? I'm trying to decide on a new set for my NAD 3040 (pre) and Adcom gfa 535 combo. I have another set of BAs on there now which are good, but want something of the same era with more range. Thanks in advance.

I have t930 and Kg4 and prefer Kg4 for 30% music/70% home theater. T930 more for music. Both are great speakers . I think room you put them in makes more difference with Kg4. Boston are more flexible when it comes to room/placement, Imo.

As far as this thread goes, number of speakers are ever changing, usually growing, lol.

......and the total just changed.

Added a pair of Celestion Ditton 25 to the collection a couple of hours ago. Small problem though. I live in Ontario, Canada, NE of Toronto, but I bought them while I am visiting family in Surrey (Vancouver) BC. Couldn't resist. Now I have to get them back to Ontario (we flew here!). Still have to audition them.

They will be joining:

Paradigm 7se
Tannoy C-6
Tannoy PBM-8
Rega-Camber 2.5
ESM-1s
RTR EXP-8
EPI M100
SOMA
Speaker Factory DIY
StudioLab (small)
Energy Take-5 satellites
My own circa '75 homebuilts (all Philips, 3-way)
Paisley Research (two pair, will make one)
Yamaha NS-A-something
Advent Calypso all-weather
Axiom 2.5
Koss outdoor (two pair)
Koss M85 Dyna-Mites (maybe will be parted out)
Technics something

....may have missed something. And like a lot of AKers with the affliction, I'm nowhere near done!

Great - thanks for the input. that's about what I was thinking and was leaning towards the T930s as I only listen to music on that setup and like the BA/NAD sound profile.

I have t930 and Kg4 and prefer Kg4 for 30% music/70% home theater. T930 more for music. Both are great speakers . I think room you put them in makes more difference with Kg4. Boston are more flexible when it comes to room/placement, Imo.

As far as this thread goes, number of speakers are ever changing, usually growing, lol.

Hmm what i have at the moment:

ESS AMT-1B
ESS PS-1220
Swans F2F
Swans F3C
5x KEF 2001
Kenwood LS-40
Simex A5 - Active monitors for the computer

ADS880 two sets
Advents, NLA, two sets
KLH five
Ohm C2