How many times have you moved?

It's kind of funny in a way because it was started within days of my first of many moves in Feb 2008. :D

I've only moved 1x in my adult life & that was recently when moving from my parents to my own place just 15 min away. Up until then, I was living with my parents & even as a family, we only moved once from one city to another wtihin the state an hour away. When we like a place, we can live there forever. I don't really have close friends...maybe a few that are a bit more than acquaintances, but not the talk-on-the-phone every few weeks, hang-out-weekly types. I may meet up with a gal pal every 4-8 months & that's it.

The main point is to move where you'll be the HAPPIEST. Nothing else is more important, not money, prestige, etc.

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

Last edited:
The main point is to move where you'll be the HAPPIEST.
I'm very unhappy living where I'm at, and I've been a lifer here. I considered moving to Colorado over 30 years ago, and I should have done it then. It's getting closer to a reality though, once a few family situations have passed (my kiddo's college, my better half's mother in the final stages of Alzheimer's, etc.)

I think I moved almost three times in '08. Had to combine our 2½ households into one since the economy took a dump. Moved from my house (bought in 1995) to hers, then we got another house together just three months later. I also moved the contents of an entire storage unit to that house, which were most of my belongings and part of my parents' house I'd cleared out not too soon before this all happened. We lived there until the landlord illegally broke in (took him in court and won). Then we moved here, and are in our 11th year. Still renting, as we are still shopping for our "lifetime" place to live, and don't want to be tied down trying to unload a house (especially if it's across the country).

Mount Pleasant SC to Aiken SC.
Aiken SC to Columbia SC.
Three moves in and around Columbia over 6 years.
Columbia SC to Mount Pleasant SC.
Mount Pleasant SC to Summerville SC.
Summerville SC to Charleston SC.

Take away: I need to leave the state.

1. Hiroshima, Japan
2. Tachikawa AFB, Japan
3. Yokota AFB, Japan
4. Eglin AFB, Florida
5. Chofu, Japan
6. Kanto Mura, Japan
7. Fairchild AFB, Washington
8. Maui, Hawaii
9. Hill AFB, Utah
10. Awase, Okinawa, Japan
11. Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan
12. Mountain View, California
13. Mountain View, California
14, Cupertino, California
15. La Mesa, California
16. Mountain View, California
17. Palo Alto, California
18. Palo Alto, California
19. Cupertino, California
20. San Jose, California
21. Cupertino, California
22. Cupertino, California
23. San Jose, California
24. Cupertino, California
25. Maui, Hawaii

Man... some of my records have seen some mileage.

Rural Escalon, CA (Escalon/Manteca/Ripon area)
1/2 mile down the road from the above.
Sacramento, CA to college.
Back home to Escalon.
Ist house in Manteca, CA
2nd house in Manteca
Tracy, CA
Sold the house in Tracy and are waiting for our new house to be finished in Ripon, CA

Back
Top Bottom