How many turntables do you have?

How many turntables do you have? Using one preamp. Actually working only.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oops. I saw "working", in the poll. Then "used regularly" after I voted. I don't play vinyl often. Usually, it's to digitize my collection. An album or two at a time.

Working: Dual 1019, Dual 1219, Kenwood KD-2055 w/Transcriptors Vestigial arm.
Non-working or partially assembled: ROK Rondine Jr (no tonearm), two Dual 1218s, Dual 1229Q
This is after I sold or gave away three turntables earlier this year.

The 1219 is my favorite, and I think it's the best of the Duals. I've snooped out the 1229Q and the cheaper build quality is obvious.

5--all working and used at least occasionally, but admittedly, I have multiple systems and multiple preamps/phono preamps.

Working: Dual 1019, Dual 1219, Kenwood KD-2055 w/Transcriptors Vestigial arm.
Non-working or partially assembled: ROK Rondine Jr (no tonearm), two Dual 1218s, Dual 1229Q
This is after I sold or gave away three turntables earlier this year.

The 1219 is my favorite, and I think it's the best of the Duals. I've snooped out the 1229Q and the cheaper build quality is obvious.

I'm interested in seeing your 2055 with tonearm conversion. Sometimes those Kenwoods have broken auto return parts. Is that what motivated you?

I have two. One is the VPI in my signature, the other is a Micro Sekai DQ-43 which gets used irregularly. I'm thinking of buying a mono cartridge for the DQ. I have plenty of mono recordings that will probably benefit from true mono playback. The mode switch on my preamp will come in very handy.

I have 1 but it recently decided to auto lift always rather than play albums so more like 0 working at the moment.
I do have two turntable inputs on my integrated so could theoretically have two without much trouble.

16 systems? And my wife thinks I am out of control. I am in the process of selling off a few old Dual 1229/1219s...serviced them as a hobby for awhile...sold the Thorens 145 and 160, along with the Linn but will likely keep the Sansui sr 636, 838, 929, Kenwood kp 990, and the kp 9010. I am really liking these old Kenwoods...like having chocolate for the first time...only less fattening.

Two working ..

Techniques SL 1210M5
Music Hall MMf 2.1

Both purchased new in very early 2000's.

One from my teenage years 1970's GE Wildcat .. semi-recently acquired from my Mothers estate. Never tried plugging in it yet :rolleyes:
to see if it still works. Note to self .. add TO DO List.

Last edited:
5 turntables - 2 Aiwa AP 2200 's , bought in the last 12 months - I love emm DD drive ,semi auto , and built to last , one Ferguson belt drive , one HMV dd , and a Pioneer PLA -35

I have a Denon DP-30L which I like, and hadn't felt the need for another table. I picked up a Dual 1241 with multiple issues that I thought I'd turn. Fixed the auto with a Steuerpimpel made out of 14 AWG wire insulation, and have been trying to find the source of some hum that seems to be mostly or worse from the right channel. More a problem when nothing is playing.

Anyway, I put on The Cars as a test because it has a significant warp that my Denon can't play, and the Dual made me think the record was flat. Pretty impressive. If I can figure out where the hum is coming from, I might hang onto this one. It has a Grado Green on it, is the Grado hum a real thing. Denon has a Grado Blue on it, no problem.

How many running using only one preamp? In that case, one - Denon DP-80 with Audiocraft AC-400C and Technics EPA 250 (well, in a day or two) arms . If I add other systems with turntables I have a second system with a Thorens TD-125 with a Fidelity Research FR-24 MkII and a third with a Rek-O-Kut B-12H/Nottingham Ace Space. So I suppose that makes three for the moment.

Apart from that I have working:

Braun PS-500
Ariston RD-11s
Technics SL-D2
Garrard RC-88
Technics SP-15/Sumiko MMT

Working but needing some restoration:

Empire 598 II
Dual 1219
Garrard Zero 100

In the main system I have two Technics SL-1200Gs and one SL-1000mkII (SP-10mkII w/EPA-100mkII tonearm).
In a secondary system a Technics SL-1200M5G
In the third system, a Pioneer PL-800

I also have several other turntables sitting in ready to go! Many others I have moved on. (I lost count).

Back
Top Bottom