How many turntables do you have?

How many turntables do you have? Using one preamp. Actually working only.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had two turntables on one preamp, then I simplified to one per system. I have two 2 channel systems, one in my music room and one in home office, each with a TT, a CDP, and capable of playing files/streaming.

I have 5 turntables in storage.

I’m gonna retire in the next few years. I want to sell all my unused gear, collect the money and put it towards a really good new/ modern table. I will keep my souped up XB and probably my TD 160. Three is plenty for two systems.

I have speakers and electronics to get rid of too.

Been thinking of down sizing but with better gear. Less is more.

I use only one regularly (and voted accordingly): Pioneer PL-530
But also have these, all working:
Kenwood KD-5030
Sony PS-4750
Audio Technica AT LP120
Technics SL-QD33

I have 4 in front of that I can use with a flick of a couple of switches. There are quite a few more hooked up or easily accessible plus a couple at the cabin.
How do you accomplish that, switch boxes or something similar?

Short answer: Too many :biggrin:

Long answer:

Sony PS-2251 with newly installed Fidelity Research FR-24 MK2
Technics SL-1600 MK2
Technics SL-10 with original EPS-310MC cartridge (I regretted selling the one I had some years ago, and found this one for a great price a few months ago)
Technics SL-1300 MK2, needs cueing repair
Technics SL-D202
Yamaha YP-B4
Philips 212
Dual 1219, needs a bit of work

I also have a few others, but I plan to pass them on to people who can appreciate (or fix:rflmao:) them more.

Ben

BIC 981 with Empire 2000E/III.

somewhere between 50 to 100 in storage. More is more. ;-)

How do you accomplish that, switch boxes or something similar?

My Dual 1019 and Thorens TD-125 are both plugged into my Rega amp, one through a preamp. The TD-134 and Harman Kardon ST-7 are attached to my Yaqin tube amp via a NAD phono preamp. Both amps are connected to a homemade switch box setup as 2 in/1 out (it could be reversed) to my 3a M3 speakers.

I'm interested in seeing your 2055 with tonearm conversion. Sometimes those Kenwoods have broken auto return parts. Is that what motivated you?
Transcriptors V15III.jpg
Back in the 1970s, the Vestigial arm was the hot ticket. I had a Rotel RP-1000Q that a local audio store converted. A friend of mine had this Kenwood done by the same shop, probably in 1977 or 78. Auto return had nothing to do with it, we were willing and eager to have this done.
I ended up with it and his LPs after it sat in unused in a damp basement for 15 years.
Right now, there's no cartridge in it, but I'm either going to put the V15III back in it or a V15II I've got here also.
It's just a simple belt drive with nothing really to fail. It has a new belt and it works perfectly.

10 im using regular

Technics SL1600 mk1
3 - Technics SL 1700 mk2 - one will probably go into storage soon but currently using all
Thorens TD 147
Thorens TD 160
Thorens TD 240 2
Dual 1218
Pioneer PL 530
Marantz 6300 - using in my Quad set up

20180216_160511 (800x450).jpg 20151227_105056-2.jpg

I have the Philips 212 in my sig, plus a Pioneer PL-115D w/ a brand new M97xe on it to swap in on occasion.

Enjoy the music,
-Mark

View attachment 1425037
Back in the 1970s, the Vestigial arm was the hot ticket. I had a Rotel RP-1000Q that a local audio store converted. A friend of mine had this Kenwood done by the same shop, probably in 1977 or 78. Auto return had nothing to do with it, we were willing and eager to have this done.
I ended up with it and his LPs after it sat in unused in a damp basement for 15 years.
Right now, there's no cartridge in it, but I'm either going to put the V15III back in it or a V15II I've got here also.
It's just a simple belt drive with nothing really to fail. It has a new belt and it works perfectly.

Yes, it's a good platform. I know of at least one nearby that I might do something like that to. Acrylic arm board? I like how you moved the Kenwood logo to somewhere it won't fall off, though I might do something different for the switch. :)

At one time I had 3 , one for 78, TD 121, a TD 111, and a 50 H, Then a dual 1229. Some where in there an Empire 598, and a B&0 4002. But when I got rid of my first record collection I just kept my TD 125 MK II with a Rabco . I still have today. Didn't need the others back then and don't need more right now. But it might be fun to have a Bergamann Magne or a SME 15 with a Clear Audio TT5 tone arm, too.

Yes, it's a good platform. I know of at least one nearby that I might do something like that to. Acrylic arm board? I like how you moved the Kenwood logo to somewhere it won't fall off, though I might do something different for the switch. :)
Actually, the install was done by Opus One in Indiana PA. Sadly, the store is long gone, didn't survive the 1970s.

1 each in 3 systems in 3 rooms:
TD-125 ll w/ Grace G-707 ll
Optonica RP-3636
Dual CS-5000 (bought new)

2 working spares:
Toshiba SR-F770
Technics SL-1950

1 on my radar:
Schiit Sol

7 working in three systems right now.

System 1 - VPI Prime/VPI 10.5 3D/VAS Nova cartridge; Dual 1219/Shure V15 Type III/JICO SAS; Technics SL1200 MkII/SME Type II Improved/Grace F9/SoundSmith Ruby OCL
System 2 - Vinyl Nirvana-modifed Thorens TD125/SME M2-9/Dave Slagle-modified Denon 103R; Dual CS5000/Ortofon 2M Bronze; Vinyl Nirvana-modifed Thorens TD160 Reproduction/SME M2-9/Ortofon X-3/SoundSmith Ruby CL
System 3 - Dual 505-2/Pickering XV15/JICO elliptical

On the sidelines for the moment - Thorens TD160 Super/Grace 707 MkII/ Grace F9E; Philips GA212/Signet TK7Ea; Connoisseur BD-1

Back
Top Bottom