how much for flair's

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by frankwood, Oct 10, 2017.

1. frankwood

frankwood Active Member

hi!

i've now finished the refoam( at the back of cones as it should) of a pair of jbl flair l-45 all original drivers. I would like to know how much these are worth. i've never came to a pair before and there's not so much examples on the net too. i know that jbl have very good interest in general but are those more valuable than L-100? for example. they are more rare but also more big. sometimes, it's a problem when people are restricted in space.

in my region(east of canada), the market's not so good in that category of vintage. the overall condition is in my opinion 9/10 since there is one scratch in one grill's fabric. the question is; what are these worth?
    your inputs are welcome!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017
  2. xbart

xbart AK Subscriber Subscriber

The Flair came with a variety of driver loads, I think the most common is like mine with 15" 135A woofers. There is a pair on Ebay right now for $1,599.99
    I don't know if they will get that, If they have the 135A woofers, LE5-4 mid and LE25 that areall good, then the value of the drivers alone are going to be around $800+.

3. frankwood

frankwood Active Member

ok yes it's the 135A woofers but the mids are LE5-5. they cost me 125$can. i don't do trades for cash but more for the pleasure to give another life to those great vintage pieces of equipment. my goal here is more to find a serious buyer for those and in second, make cash. i don't want to ask big money and after reduce the price to the half, i want ask a fair price first.

4. slowpat

slowpat AK Subscriber Subscriber

Although they are L100's with 15" woofers, the L100 is more iconic, and has more demand. You will need to be patient in finding a buyer for the C45.

5. Celt

Celt Super Maude Super Mod Subscriber

Ric Flair?

[​IMG]

6. frankwood

frankwood Active Member

ok so i can consider that my L-45 are below l-100's value? if it's right, in my country a pair of nice l-100 is going for about 600$can. so i could ask 4-500$can?

7. xbart

xbart AK Subscriber Subscriber

I think they are worth more than the L100, the problem is finding a local buyer, unless you are willing to ship them.
    Were I live, If I listed them for a third or half there value, most likely they would be flipped or parted out by the buyer.
    That is why I use the value of the drivers as a starting point in valuing these speakers.

8. 62sunbeam

62sunbeam Raconteur Subscriber

I sold a pair of flairs that were missing one grill but had New surrounds for $850 cash. They’re in Asia now. Sounded like A$$.

Good luck

Eric