How much have you invested in your audio set up? Show photos.

I wonder why (to the man with a McIntosh avatar ;))

It's just a pic I took from my MC2255 that came out good enough to use for an avatar lol; But I could not care less what the other guy spends or doesn't spend on their chosen hobby and I can't see why it should be a concern for anyone on what anyone else here may or may not spend:dunno:

Cost? It's a lifetime of tripping out on an addition or upgrade. How do I estimate the cost of custom built Altec MLTL speakers? FWIW, I'm tri-amping right now and just upgraded my active crossover but do you want the cost of the other two I have, the equalizers I don't use and the amps that are in rotation? Ball park would be $1500 for the electronics and $1500 for the speakers. I'm about to make a custom rack using chunks of marble and some wood. I'd have to pay a guy $200 to carry it in the house and assemble. The slabs were free but my sawing must have a price, impossible to calculate. If I had to install t for someone, it would be over $500. Beyond that, the additional cost of DIY cables and wire. I have 25' of silver Vampire cable I haven't had the heart to cut but that is on the to-do list. Figure $200 of cables and wire. The price of media is incalculable, vinyl, discs of all sorts, digital stored on devices. $4 K for the total would be a conservative figure. My images are locked up at Photobucket but I'll try to attach some here.

Attachments

• IMG_2321.JPG
    IMG_2321.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2348.JPG
    IMG_2348.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 43
Fons turntable - $275
SME 3009 - $50
KEF 104aB's - $379
KEF 104aB's (2nd set) - $250
DB Systems preamp - $495
DB Systems Pre#2 - $300
DB System Power amp - $400
Crown PSA-2 - $450
Crown IC150a/Cab - $350
Crown D75 - $150
Crown D150a - $250
JBL 4311 - $350
JBL 4312 - $350
Aiwa m700 cassette - $379
Yamaha ct610 - $210
Grace F9e - $350
Soundsmith stylus - $300
DBX 118 - $179

My HT system: Samsung 42" TV 50€ (used), Samsung Blu-Ray 80€ (new), Sony receiver 40€ (used), JBL front/center/rear speakers 40€ (used).

My stereo system: Pioneer CD 250€ (new, looong time ago), Philips turntable 20€ (used), DIY tube preamplifier 30€ (new parts, old enclosure), DIY phono preamplifier 20€ (new parts, old enclosure), QSC power amplifier 80€ (used), DIY speakers, those not finished yet, but already put 700€ on them.. (used parts).

And for all of you hillbillies: 1 €uro is 1.1 USD :rflmao:

Can we go over $200?
e025.gif

Back in the late '70s early '80s, I had $2300.00 invested in my gear. It's all gone now. Carver, Nakamichi, Dual, RG, Advents, and AR.

Ok, I'll even let you listen....

What's that song playing? Beautiful!

Edit: found the YouTube link with the title. Sarah McLachlan - Possession Rabbit in the Moon Remix

Sure that's the right title? Trying to find the piano mix.

Last edited:
What's that song playing? Beautiful!
Sarah McLachlan ‎– Fumbling Towards Ecstasy And The Freedom Sessions
Song: Possession

My record is here
https://www.discogs.com/Sarah-McLac...tasy-And-The-Freedom-Sessions/release/2443422

And you'll notice that on disc #1 you have the song Possession twice, Side one track A1 and Side 2 track B7 Possession Vocals, Piano, Guitar

Wow that was hard to find a Youtube copy

Sarah McLachlan- Possession (piano version)

Cool now I'm finding some live ones
Sarah Mclachlan -- Possession (Later with Jools Holland)

Here is live with a band and how we normally hear this version on the radio.

Sarah McLachlan - Possession (Live in Montreal)

Sarah McLachlan - Possession (Official Video)

@4-2-7 thanks for that. I knew of her from an old club track "Delerium - The Silence" and didn't know her own stuff was equally as beautiful. Gorgeous and slightly haunting vocals. Love it.

Found the track on Spotify too and playing it now.

Now need to find the album on LP.

Edit: wow that is not an entry level LP. Found one on the auction site for $139 and it went up from there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom