How much have you invested in your audio set up? Show photos.

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by G7Trader, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Bratwurst7s

Bratwurst7s In The Frying Pan Subscriber

I was going to say "make sure that no one knows where you live before posting about expensive audio equipment in an open forum", but you did it for me.

Cheers,
    James

2. BMWCCA

BMWCCA AK Subscriber Subscriber

Some day I plan to create a list for my wife as a guide when I'm gone or no longer able to give a damn. I told her I'll list what I paid and give a guide to what each item is worth today as help for selling off what she doesn't want to keep. Until then . . . I have no idea of a total I paid, or what it's worth.

I'm 64 and have had JBLs in my house since I was 4-years-old. Still have that one . . . and now well over a dozen other pairs plus some other brands. To my original Crown amp purchased in 1971 I've added another dozen-or-more Crown amps, pre-amps, crossovers, and tuners. I purchased my original Soundcraftsmen Pre-EQ around 1976 and still have that one and probably a dozen other SC components including pre-EQ, pre, pre-tuner, EQ, and amps. I also still own my Nakamichi Dragon cassette purchased new (my wife was there at the time), and I have five turntables (dumped my first Thorens decades ago), Tandberg cassette, Adcom systems, some Rotel stuff purchased at a yard sale, and more I've likely tucked away that will re-surface next year when we move.

Interesting topic but I'm sure for every one of us who won't answer the question on purpose there are probably three others who can't even hazard a guess. And the rest are too busy listening to the music!

turnitdown likes this.
  3. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

If you have not heard of Rhiannon Giddens
    Fairly new artist started as (Carolina Chocolate Drops) then she started to separate
    Rhiannon Giddens and the Carolina Chocolate Drops
    Now just Rhiannon Giddens

musichal likes this.
  4. musichal

musichal poet emeritus Subscriber

Never heard of her, but it is compelling music. I really like it, thanks.
    Streaming via Tidal now.

4-2-7 likes this.
  5. neevo

neevo Active Member

Ok. I'm giving all your details to my wife! I should advise you may get a snarky note about me bringing too much viny into the house. You've been warned ;)

4-2-7 likes this.
  6. FOH Engineer

FOH Engineer Super Member

Between home Hi Fi and PA gear I have everything insured on a sub policy on my homeowners for just north of $60,000.00. 90% for the PA...which for playing recorded music sounds almost holographic in the right acoustic space outdoors..consists of Meyer, Powersoft, and QSC gear,

7. Harryconover

Harryconover Well-Known Member

8. Harryconover

What QSC. I used there power light series on sound reinforcements with my system I graduated to Jazz parties did series in Aspin Co and Denver the Myers is goodvgear I used RekesHeinze Smart system which is simaler there comteoler/limiter

9. Harryconover

10. Harryconover

I’m 65 and it sounds like we have similar great tat it you need help with Crown I’m your guy teamed at tree factrory has there A rating they stil see me parts under a grand dad discount

11. grillebilly

grillebilly Empty Head Subscriber

In 1978 dollars or 2017 dollars?

12. BMWCCA

I'm gonna try and translate what you said because it sounds interesting. You must be trying to type this on a phone! Tell me how close I got:

"I'm 65 and it sounds like we have similar great taste. If you need help with Crown I'm your guy. Learned at the factory. Have their 'A' rating. They still sell me parts under a grand-fathered discount."

Thanks!

gdmoore28 likes this.
  13. Mamrak1

Mamrak1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'm betting your wife will give all that audio equipment away for pennies on the dollar, if that much. She'll be glad to get rid of all that clutter!

slowpat likes this.
  14. BMWCCA

If she sells if for pennies on the dollars I told her it was worth when I got it, she'll be a wealthy woman! ;)

How much will you offer her for the Mac C20 I've owned since around 1968? :rflmao:

15. Harryconover

Yes and yes

16. Harryconover

Yes and yes big fingers small keys bad combination

17. Harryconover

I am a long term bmwcca guy too

18. Mamrak1

Mamrak1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Zero

19. Harryconover

20. Harryconover

Let’s talk cars I have trimmed down since I moved but now I have a 1988 525 is new mostly put the old areas now full and cooling also a real worn exsastet system what’s there now is all home band and shot I would like to go all SS 21/2”