How much have you invested in your audio set up? Show photos.

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by G7Trader, Sep 29, 2017.

1. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

Well maybe and or if you where telling someone you where planing on selling it and they wanted to know your asking price. But to sit there an point at thing "how much do that cost":no:

2. dcmfan

dcmfan AK Subscriber Subscriber

Haha! that's pretty crude. "Thanks for inviting me to your home. Now let me treat it like a flea market stall."

3. bimasta

bimasta Super Member

There is another, similar thread, twice as long as this one, where people gladly itemized their systems. Tried to find it for you but couldn't because, like this one, it's in the wrong category — both are about systems, but this one is in "Speakers" and the other I can't find at the moment. Both would logically be in General Audio; neither are. But there were two large groups, with opposite attitudes to basically the same question.

Your reasons make perfect sense. It's the inconsistency, the contradiction that piqued my interest.

I'll send the link to that other thread when I run across it, and you'll see what I mean.

4. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

Someone on this site once told me about these duel feelings on a topic like this, is how we where raised and the part of the country we are from. Kinda like a cultural thing if you think about it based on the area of the country.

I guess the same can be said for dickering, here California you would be thought of as rude if you push that behavior, north east not so much.

5. Alobar

Alobar Pulling out of the Last Chance Texaco.. Subscriber

JBL L200's, $1000 on sale (1974 dollars)

Kenwood 700 series amp preamp $1500 (1975 dollars)

Technics SL1401 (free)
    AT 440MLB cart $200
    Schiit Modi Multibit DAC $250
    Other miscellaneous audio components were mostly given to me.

6. tubed

tubed Lunatic Member

Seems like a Dollar and Sense topic where I'd post that my systems are bought and paid for 100x over with a few well flipped CL acquisitions.
    Fun while it lasted:beerchug:

7. bimasta

bimasta Super Member

Interesting. If everyone who posts listed where they live, we could map it. A map of different cultural values and behaviors, based on data gleaned from internet forums — wonder if anyone is doing that? The internet giants (Google, Facebook, etc) who have all our data surely are — but only for monetary reasons — the biggest engines of potential socio-cultural research have zero interest because there's no profit in it. They eagerly sell ad-space to "Jew Haters", for example, but are they using that data to map the distribution of Jew-Haters in our country? Not the strongest example, because (I hope) their numbers are so small, but raises the bigger question.