How much longer do you think you have?

To be perfectly blunt about it, I do not desire to linger on if I'm not me anymore.

Well said!!! I too, do not want to linger on past my "expiration date"--whenever that may be. I watched my uncle (a 220lb beast of a man--steelworker) turn into a 79lb "living skeleton" ravaged by terminal cancer and had been kept alive for two years for what I consider no apparent reason--he had been "gone" long before his death.

Well said!!! I too, do not want to linger on past my "expiration date"--whenever that may be. I watched my uncle (a 220lb beast of a man--steelworker) turn into a 79lb "living skeleton" ravaged by terminal cancer and had been kept alive for two years for what I consider no apparent reason--he had been "gone" long before his death.

The sad truth is he was a money machine for the health care system.
I wish that on none of us.
If you haven't done so already you should make a living will or better yet a primary health care directive.

The sad truth is he was a money machine for the health care system.

Yes, indeed he was--he was a union steelworker and had far better health insurance than pretty much any of us could afford now (this has nothing to do with politics--it was just the way union contracts worked back in the day).

If you haven't done so already you should make a living will or better yet a primary health care directive.

As I stated in a previous post to this thread, I do have a living will and DNR order, and no one in my family would attempt to violate them--both my mother and sister are nurses, and both have worked in hospitals and elderly care facilities.

In the grand scheme of things one day on earth is no different than 100 years. Death means nothing to me accept how it affects others. Some days I see life as a blessing other days I see it as a curse.

In just a bit over a year I'll be 70 and I will have attained my goal as to how old I want to be. Anything after is a bonus. However leaving this world at 70 is ok with me..... been here long enough as far as I'm concerned. Life has been an adventure and I've enjoyed pretty much all of it but now its close to time to move on......... :)

My family on both sides seems to have a penchant for expiring in their mid-80's. I'm 43 right now, so I suppose I've probably lived roughly half of my life. I'm shooting for 120, but who knows?

I'm 35, I don't think of death im too consumed with the realities of the present. I don't plan on having any kids so it will be funny to see what my wife, or whomever, will want to do with what might amount to tens of thousands of dollars of audio equipment. Maybe I can donate it to the SPCA and the dogs can listen to siren sounds with it.

I'm young, maybe one of the youngest members here on AK.
Well, i'm a very lonely person, i've always been, i'm not married and i only have a few friends outside family, i think it all depends in my choices in a near future, i think that if i ever get married i'm going to last a little bit more, but for some reason i always think i'm going to die in something stupid, like a car accident or something, the sort of thing i'm not going to be able to predict and control.

Back
Top Bottom